Friday, August 18, 2023

20th Anniversary of Purple Onion Designs!

 

TGIF my friends!

It's hard to believe but Purple Onion Designs is celebrating it's 20th anniversary! And what better way to celebrate all of those years bringing amazingly cute rubber stamps to crafters world wide, than by having a 25% OFF SALE?! That's right, from now until August 27th most everything in the store is 25% off, no code necessary. It's hard to beat a great deal like that and I don't know about you, but I'm certainly excited to cross a few more stamps off my wish list.  ;)

Of course I was inspired to sit down and get crafty with a mix of old and new images on my card for today. I started with Wade, the fox and some of the Seaside Accessories from the recent Charmed by the Sea collection and then I added Neptune, the fish and a sentiment from the Sea-timents set. Even though I think Wade was originally intended to be walking in those big flippers, I simply stamped him a bit wonky so he would instead look to be floating in the water. Once that was done, I really wanted him to be nose to nose with the sweet baby sea turtle but it was facing the wrong way. My handy-dandy mirror stamp came to the rescue again and I was able to flip the turtle right where I wanted him. The rest of the stamps were added to the scene and then I was ready to color. I kept the colors bright and summer-y with just a few accents of black for a bit of contrast here and there. I've got to say, I'm really quite pleased with how closely this card turned out to how I envisioned it in my head.  

Alrighty then, have fun shopping... I know I will! 

 

Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Purple Onion Designs (Wade, Seaside Accessories set, Coral & Neptune and Sea-timents set), My Favorite Things (Mirror Image)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Catherine Pooler fiesta blue
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 2

Sharpie extra fine white pen

Kat Scrappiness clear enamel dots
Copic markers:
sand- E30, E31, E34, E40, E42, E43
water- BG000, B00, BG10, BG01, BG53

oyster/starfish- BV20, BV23, BV25, 0/Y11, Y15, Y18, Y26

crab/fish- YR15, YR16, YR09, W6, T8/0, C1, C2, C3, C5, C8, C10, Y02, Y18

turtle- YG01, YG03, G24, G46, YG41, YG61, YG63, E84, E87
fox- E40, E41, E43, R000, R30,YR21, YR12, YR27, E37
clothes- YG01, YG13, G07, C2, C3, C5, C6, C7, C10, 100, BG10, BG11, BG45, BG49

kelp- BG45, BG49, BG57

 

0 comments: