Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Boo...

Hello, hello!

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog today and now that summer is drawing to a close my crafty endeavors are taking a decidedly more autumnal turn. So when I grabbed the new Nine Lives stamp set full of cute kitties I was inspired by my own black cats and from there my thoughts turned towards Halloween. That lead me to flip through my older Halloween themed stamp sets to see what kind of mash up I could create. Ultimately I fell in love with this happy ghost from the Ghostly Greetings set and knew that I had a purrr-fect pairing. I chose to ink the two kitties that are looking up to the right so that they are both fascinated by the friendly specter appearing before them. I also added one of the jack o'lanterns from the Ghostly Greetings set, to the growing scene. Feeling the need to add some height to the background I actually went to my collection of dies and found the Halloween Tree die. Rather than using it as-is, I instead used a black pen to trace the outline of the die directly into the scene so that it would appear to be growing out of the ground behind the pumpkin once colored. With the scene ready to color, I had to settle on a color palette. I didn't want to go super spooky with a nighttime sky so instead I thought glowing, golden fields would be pretty and allow my two black cats to really 'pop' in the scene. The minty green glow of the ghost also works well with all that yellow. So I sketched in a winding path, meandering off into the distance, surrounded by fields ready for the fall harvest. The sky is overcast and cloudy so that I still had just a bit of spookiness going on. To complete the card I stamped the large "boo" from the Spooky Script sentiment set near the ghost and used a white pen to add some magical sparkle around him as well. The entire scene was cut out using the largest die in the Nesting Deckle A2 die set and mounted on a dark brown card base. I think it turned out just spooky enough and I certainly wouldn't mind if these cute black cats crossed my path, would you?  ;) 

Laters!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Nine Lives, Ghostly Greetings and Spooky Script)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Catherine Pooler icing on the cake and Studio Calico glass slipper

Hello Bluebird Nesting Deckle A2 dies

Hello Bluebird Halloween Tree die

Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:

cat 1- T3, T4, T5, T7, 100, R30

cat 2- C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, 110, R30

sky- Y0000, E50, E40, E81, W00, W0, W1, 0

path- E31, E34, E55, E43, E44

fields- E50, Y21, Y26, YR21, YR23, YR24, E35, E37, E39

ghost- G0000, G000, G00, BG72, 0
tree- E70, E71, E74, E77, E79, E49

pumpkin- YR12, YR04, YR18, E84, E87, Y11, Y02, Y17

2 comments:

Fikreta said...

so cute!

Sue from Oregon said...

I can spot your talented work a mile away! You have such a unique style and made coloring skills! Love all your work! Sue Kment