Thursday, August 3, 2023

A smooth sea...

Hey there friends!

Did you know that for about three months now, we've been sharing a new Copic coloring video every Thursday over on the Sweet November Stamps Youtube channel? In this series I break down my entire scene coloring process into shorter, more time manageable, videos where I'm still coloring in real time just like on my Lives. So over the course of four or five weeks you can tune in to watch the parts that interest you the most. By request, the second scene that I tackled was this stormy sea background featuring one of the fabulous Mermees are Back beauties and some seagulls from the Background Builder Seaside Cliffs set. Sure, I went over the obvious coloring of the stormy sky but this scene also hit on things like coloring a darker, sun-tanned skin tone, coloring white hair and a pearlescent tale, as well as that pebble beach. So there is a lot to take away from each of the videos. So if you're ever killing time on Youtube, I hope you check 'em out.  :)

Later gators!


Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Sweet November (Mermees are Back and Background Builder: Seaside Cliffs), Colorado Craft Company (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and london fog, Catherine Pooler juniper mist and Versamark watermark
Hero Arts detail white embossing powder

My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1

Sharpie extra fine white pen
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen

Copic markers:
sorry, I didn't keep a list but you can see the colors used here