Thursday, October 17, 2024

May luck be yours...

Olo!

I'm currently busy coloring and creating Christmas cards for this weekend's release  at Sweet November Stamps so I thought I would share another cute card that I made using the adorable Hang in There spider. I actually made a handful of these cards during the last release as we needed extra cards to add to the orders and this was a pretty quick design to replicate. This time around I stamped the spider right side up in the bottom corner of this faux post card design. I like how he appears to be popping into the scene to say hello. To give the rest of the post card a decidedly spooky vibe, I raided my stash of Halloween stamps and found some oldies but goodies from my scrapbooking days that mixed and matched perfectly with the newer postage theme stamps that are all the rage right now. Once they were all stamped on and the spider was colored up all I had to do was mask the spider, stamp and postage tape before airbrushing the background in fun Halloween colors. It's always fun putting a different spin on a stamp like Hang in There and giving it a whole new look. :)

Toodles!

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Sweet November (Hang in There and Black Cat Society), Graphic 45 (Halloween Postage), Pink Paislee (moon), Papertrey Ink (eek), The Greetery
(Postal Modern), Waffle Flower (Fall Postage Collage)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black and Catherine Pooler lime
The Greetery Postcard pierce plate

Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:
spider- T2, T3, T5, E43, E44, W6, W8, R20

tape/stamp- YG01, YG13, C2, C00

background- YG01, YG13, G07, V04, V09, BG49, 100

 

0 comments: