Thursday, March 7, 2019

The smile you gave me...

Good morning!

When it came time for me to choose a stamp for my 7 Kids post today I knew that I wanted to use something from the newest Picket Fence release. I still had my most recent order sitting on my desk and as I flipped through the stamps this pretty BFF Girl Avery immediately caught my eye. There is just something about the loose, sketchy way that these long lanky girls are drawn up that totally appeals to me. The one complaint I had with Avery, if it can even be called a complaint, is the fact that her dress is solid in the stamp so if you use a black ink to stamp her up the dress is automatically black. Now you know me and how much I love to color, so of course I want to be able to color that dress too! Luckily, there is an easy solution and that is no-line coloring. I mean come on... just look how great she looks all decked out in pink now! Because the height of the stamp nearly spanned from the top of the card to the bottom I thought it would make for a cool card design to cut along one side of Avery and have her be a sort of border between the white space on the left and the floral print on the right. I gotta say, I'm totally diggin' this CAS design. ;)

Alrighty friends, I hope your day is a crafty one!    
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (The Sweetest Thing Honey)
stamps- Picket Fence Studio (BFF Girl Avery), Impression Obsession (sentiment)
ink- Memento desert sand and Papertrey Ink bright buttercup
My Mind's Eye enamel dots
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- E21, E23, E25, E27
eyes- YG03, YG95, YG97, YG67
dress- R81, R83, Rv34, R56, R59, Y17, Y18, BV02, E81, E84

2 comments:

Julie D. Richards said...

Such a pretty card. Hugs.

Craftdee said...

Eek, love it! What a fabulous sentiment too... I really must try and get hold of that one, I can see a few uses for it; including one of the "cheeky" images I got years ago from Kenny K :-) Donna x