Monday, June 10, 2019

More than unicorns...

Good morning! 

So I was enjoying a crafty day at my pal Tracey's last week and we thought it would be fun to pull out our sets of the Unicorn Tales stamps from Hello Bluebird and give them a play. We also both had new Life Changing Blender Brushes from Picket Fence to try out so Tracey encourages me to forego the colored background scene and go for some ink blending instead. I have yet to master the fabulous ink blends I see on so many cards out there so this made me a bit nervous, but it is good to shake things up now and then so I grabbed my blender brush and some pretty pink oxide inks and went for it. I gotta say, those blender brushes totally live up to their name... the results are SO much smoother than anything I've done with the old Time Holtz sponge blenders. Once that was done it was all about coloring and die cutting the rest of the elements for the card, heck, I even used vellum! LOL I actually had so much fun creating this that the next day when I sat down to make the Rabbit Hole mermaid card that I shared on Friday I pulled out my brushes and inks once again. Now this doesn't mean I'm abandoning my scene coloring by any means but it is nice to have something else to play with and keep things fresh, so thank you Tracey for dragging me out of my box, I can't wait for you to share your unicorns too! :) 

Have a great week everybody!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
vellum
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Unicorn Tales)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Tim Holtz distress oxide tattered rose, worn lipstick and abandoned coral
Hello Bluebird Unicorn Tales dies
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
My Favorite Things stitched clouds border die
Sequins
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
bodies- E50, E81, 0, R30
horns/hooves- Y02, Y21, Y26, E37
mane/tail 1- G00, BG11, BG53
mane/tail 2- Y11, Y21, V20
mane/tail 3- R30, R02, R32, R14
mane/tail 4- G20, YG11, YG41

1 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is soooooo Beautiful and Adorable!!!!!! Love the colors too!!!
hugs, Heidi