Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Bring on the Merry...

Hey there!

When I sat down to get crafty yesterday I was drawn to revisiting an old favorite from Hello Bluebird, the Yeti or Not set. I also borrowed a gift from the North Pole Littles set to add to Yeti's hand so the scene looks like a sweet gift exchange between friends.To jazz things up a bit I also grabbed the new Snow Globe Builder die and created a shaker card for the first time in ages. As I was putting the card together the dark blue card stock I had pulled for the front panel felt a bit heavy so decided to run with the snow fall theme even more and heat embossed the Snowy Sky Background in white. I added even more white by framing it all in with the stitched scallop from the Gallery Frame #2 die. I needed something small for the sentiment because I wanted it to fit on the little plaque that comes in the Snow Globe die set, the Typed Christmas sentiments are my go-to for just such an occasion. I'm really happy with how this all finally came together but I gotta say, making these types of cards with all the die cutting and shaker stuff takes me longer than just straight coloring a scene, LOL! Still, it's good to shake things up now and then.  ;)

Later gators!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Yeti or Not, North Pole Littles, Typed Christmas and Snowy Sky Background)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Versamark Watermark

Hero Arts detail white embossing powder

Hello Bluebird Gallery Frame #2 die

Hello Bluebird Snow Globe Builder die

 Sharpie extra fine white pen

Papertrey Ink shaker bits

Copic markers:
reindeer- E41, E31, E53, E34, E44, E49, R30, E81, T3, T6

yeti- W00, W0, C1, C3, B0000, B000, B41, B52, B45, V20
gifts/scarf- R24, R27, R89, YG01, YG25, YG67
trees- BG75, BG78, BG99, E55, E57, E47
sky- B63, BV04, BV17, B79
snow- B0000, B000, B60, B63

snow globe base- E35, E57, E59, E79, Y02, YR23, E47