Saturday, July 2, 2022

What's up...

Hello friends!

The July Mood Board Challenge begins today at Hello Bluebird and once again there is new inspiration up on the Hello Bluebird blog to help get you inspired to join the fun, I've also posted it below. Just like last month, there will be one winner selected to receive a $50 gift certificate to the HB shop and now you have three weeks to get a card or project submitted... how awesome is that?! Just check out HB's various social media accounts for all the details.


Even though you can now pull inspiration from the various photos in the mood board I was still inspired by the bright, summer color combo. My mind went to a tropical place which had me reaching for the Silly Birds stamp set. I chose this funny little guy and turned him into a cockatiel by stamping some of the smallest leaf fronds from the Portrait Pals set onto the back of his head. I also used those same palm fronds to fill the background of the circle panel with foliage. The small sentiment was stamped onto one of the speech bubble dies that are in the Photo Stack die set and I added some vines from the Jungle Littles stamp set hanging down from the circle panel as a fun touch. The bright pink enamel dots not only add more pops of color throughout the design but they also cover up a couple spots where I glued vines together to lengthen them. I don't know about you but this sure says tropical to me!  :)  

Have a great weekend!


Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink, My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Silly Birds, Portrait Pals and Jungle Littles)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and tuxedo black, Catherine Pooler pink

My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 2

Hello Bluebird Photo Stack dies

Hello Bluebird Nesting Circle dies

Kat Scrappiness enamel dots
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:
cockatiel- Y0000, Y000, Y00, Y11, Y02, YR30, BV00, E40, E81, E70, E71, RV00, RV10, 0

sky- BG10, BG01, BG15
branch- E31, E44
leaves/vines- YG01, YG03, YG23, YG17
flowers- RV00, RV10, RV02, RV06, Y04

 

0 comments: