Friday, December 29, 2017

Delight in little things...

TGIF!

Today I am wrapping up my 2017 cards with another design team post for Dreamerland Crafts. This beautiful girl is called, Spreading the Good News, and while the original image has her blowing leaves I thought she would be cute for a more winter themed card. So I wiped away the ink from the leaves before stamping, leaving that space blank. Next I colored her up in some pretty winter blues and purples. And then I tackled the background... I was envisioning one of our local parks that sits right along the lake and has a little bridge connecting one half of the park to the other. I wanted Good News to be stopped on that bridge with the trees on one side and the water on the other with the freshly fallen snow covering everything. Last but not least I used a white gel pen to draw in a swirl of cold and snow for her to be blowing instead of the leaves. I think the end result turned out quite magical, if I do say so myself. It's always good to end the year on a card I'm really happy with, makes me feel confident and upbeat about where my creative journey will go in 2018. :)

Have a happy new year my friends!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Bazzill
stamps- Dreamerland Crafts (Spreading the Good News), Autumn Leaves (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Signo Uniball white gel pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- YR30, YR31, E33, E35
clothes- E81, E84, 0, RV93, RV95, RV99, T4, T8, T10, E43, B60, B63, B66
background- C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, BV0000, BV000, BV00, B0000, B000, B21, 0, Y0000, Y00

6 comments:

Christine Dol said...

This is simply gorgeous!!! You are such a talented card maker!!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Seriously fabulous! Did you draw the bridge etc? I love the swirling snow detail too, Jo x

Julie D. Richards said...

Oh my, she turned out so perfect. Magical is right. Happy New Year to you my friend. Hugs.

Fairy Cardmaker, Lisa said...

Gorgeous! The perspective and fading into the background is stunning! The snow swirls are elegant. I could picture her kissing or whispering to a little bird too. What a lovely card!

Debbie L said...

Love your work and the especially the scenes you create for the images. Happiest of New Years and Best Wishes for your continued creativity and inspiration to us all.

Katias colors said...

So beautiful!