Monday, May 30, 2022

Oh Baby...

Good morning!

I've got another mini slimline card to share today and I gotta say, this size is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I used the Nesting Deckle mini slimline die from Hello Bluebird's recent release and played with a mix of old and new stamps to create this sweet scene of a mama and baby koala snuggling in a tree. The little sleeping koala is part of the new Sweet Dreams set, which happens to be the FREE stamp set with $100 purchase just add it to your cart and use the code MAY2022 at checkout. The larger koala is from the older Portrait Pals set and I masked the little koala so Mama would look like she is sitting behind her baby in that crook of the tree that I hand colored in using Copic markers. I then masked off Mama and the branch so I could stamp in layers of branches using the leaves from the Bouquet Buddies set. Three different shades of green ink help add a sense of depth to the scene, creating a lovely canopy and backdrop for these fuzzy cuties. The large part of the sentiment uses the Oh Baby Words die cut out of vellum and the same card stock that I used for the base and I finished it off with a sentiment strip cut apart sheet from Simon Says Stamp. This card ended up being really light on coloring, which is unusual for me but I'm really digging how it came together. :)

Laters!   


Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler/vellum
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Sweet Dreams, Portrait Pals and Bouquet Buddies)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Papertrey Ink green parakeet, new leaf and ripe avacado
Hello Bluebird Nesting Deckle Mini Slimline die

Hello Bluebird Oh Baby Words die

Sharpie extra fine white pen
Doodlebug Sprinkles
Simon Says Stamp Valentine sentiment cut outs

Copic markers:

koalas- C00, N1, N2, N3, N4, N5, N7, N10, T10, 0, R000, R30

tree branch- E23, E25, E27
sky- B00

 

0 comments: