Thursday, May 23, 2024

Waving Hello...

Hello!

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog today with a card celebrating all of the under the sea magic of MerMay. For as far back as I can remember, I've always loved all things mermaid. So when the Sea Friends set was released it quickly swam right into my top five all time favorite Hello Bluebird stamp sets. With four adorable mermaids to choose from and all of the various sea creatures and background building elements included in the set, the scene building possibilities are only limited by your imagination. I began by using the Nesting Deckle Mini Slimline dies to cut a card front out of Copic X-Press It card stock. Then I began stamping using Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I started with this lovely waving mermaid, followed by the school of sea horses. After they were all in place I did a bit of masking to add the rocks, sea shells and kelp to the ocean floor. 

With the scene all put together it was time to grab my Copic markers and start coloring. The sandy sea floor and the light turquoise water were colored in first to help me get a sense of how the background should come together. From there the rest of the elements started to come to life fairly quickly as I added color to the rocks and kelp, starfish, shells and sea horses. I saved the mermaid for last and enjoyed giving her a deep, sea green head of hair along with a sparkling teal tail that really makes her stand out within the scene. Once everything was colored, I stamped a bunch of bubbles into the water using Studio Calico Glass Slipper ink. The sentiment is from the Sea Sentiments set and I popped it up using foam adhesive after the card front had been glued to the card base. A bit of extra sparkle added to the mermaid's tail and this whimsical watery card was complete.  :)

Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Sea Friends and Sea Sentiments)
ink- Memento rich cocoa, Papertrey Ink tropical teal and Studio Calico glass slipper
Hello Bluebird A2 Nesting Deckle die

Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sharpie extra fine white pen

Copic markers:

skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20

hair- G20, G00, G02, G16, BG49, BG78

tail- YG00, G00, G28, BG01, BG15, BG07, BG09

top/kelp- YG05, YG07, G07, G46
seahorses- G20, YG91, Y11, Y15, Y18, Y26
sand- E30, E31, E33, E34, E43, E44
seashells- G20, BV31, BV23, BV34/E50, E81, YR000, YR00, RV42

water- BG000, BG10, BG11

rocks/starfish- BV20, BV23, BV25, FYG1/Y35, Y17, YR16, YR09

 

0 comments: