Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I simply enjoy you

Good morning!

Can I just say that I feel like these last couple weeks of July are going to be a whirlwind of activity and craziness so if my posts get a bit shorter please forgive me... it's temporary I promise! :)

Today's card features the Kraftin' Kimmie mermaid Calliope and her little octopus dance partner. I always have so much fun coloring up these Moonlight Whispers characters and of course the new mermaids had me at hello! If you haven't guessed by now I'm a big fan of the fin, LOL! Yep, as much as I loves me some fairy magic I think I want to be a mermaid when I grow up. ;)

So I kept the card pretty simple as the pattern paper is kinda busy. There is only a few pearl sprays and a lovely bit of ribbon to embellish but I think it works. And that ribbon makes it so this card can be entered into the Beautiful Bows challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie's... always excited when I can find time to play along!

Thanks so much for dropping by... oh! Just a little heads up for ya before I sign off... Sweet November sneak peek candies for the August release will be starting up at the end of this week and I hope to see you there for all the fun! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Scrapbook Wizard
stamps- Kraftin' Kimmie (Calliope), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Tsukineko baby blue
May Arts texture ribbon
pearl sprays
Ranger Stickles
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E21, E13, R20
hair- RV0000, RV000, RV00, RV02, RV23, RV13, 0
tail/top- YG0000, YG00, YG01, Y000, YG03, RV04
octopus- Y13, Y15, Y17

water- B0000, 0

26 comments:

☼ Cheryl* said...

Love the card, Amy :) The image is lovely, I love the mermaid tail and how you have cut the image :)

Unknown said...

So cute and fun card! Love the paper TFS Hugs :)

scrapn_momof2 said...

Gorgeous card. I love the little pearl embellishments.

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a fun card I love the pearl embellishments! Beth

Tammi said...

Pretty Amy, love her hair in pink! ~hugs

RiNNE said...

What a lovely card-- I heart the simple sketch and how those pink dots look like bubbles! :)

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH my goodness!! This is simply gorgeous, Amy!! I love the soft colours and the flower in her hair!! And those pearls just finish it perfectly!! Thanks for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge!!

Kimberly S said...

So pretty in pinks! Love the spray of pearls you've added, and the soft coloring too! :)

Stamping Cafe said...

Gorgeous card, Amy! Love everything about this card! Can't wait for the Sweet November sneak peek, I simply adore your work!!!

Have a beautiful day!!

Barb said...

She is so beautiful, Amy! LOVE the colors and the sprig of pearls :)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

I love all of the pinkness! Super pretty!
hugs, margie

Renkata said...

Very sweet card. Love the colours combo.

Leanne said...

oh! this is super sweet amy! i think i would choose to be a mermaid too. haha.. love that pearl strand!! hugs!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card! I love the pink hair!

Jodi said...

What a cute and sweet image! Love the color combo and paper to resemble bubbles!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Tracey Feeger said...

Absolutely stunning as always. Great job sweets. I love it.
mwah
Trace

Alice said...

aww.... lovelovelove this, Amy!!! super sweet colors and just delightful!! super card!

~* steph :) *~ said...

cute card amy! love the pink and love the flower in her hair. too cute. thanks for sharing :)! have a great nite! *hugs* steph :)

Unknown said...

this is too precious, amy! :)

Kelly Booth said...

SOOOOOOOO cute Amy!! Love this!!

Joy said...

such a cute card! you do amazing work! always coming here to be WOWed!

Saskia said...

Lovely work!

Saskia :)

Kylie said...

Oh too cute! Love the mermaid and how you've shaded her tail. Gorgeous.

Hugs Kylie ox

Loz said...

Wow Amy this is gorgeous! I love the pink paper! ♥

Eva said...

Very cute card!!! ;)
Greetings from Spain.

crafty amy said...

This is so perfect the layout is gorgeous and perfect for the image. I still prefer your mermaids but I LOVE these too :D

xx