Monday, January 14, 2013

Brightens my day...

Hello, hello! 

It was another excellent episode of Downton Abbey last night... I'm so addicted to this show! It is a total escape and part of me would love to dress up in those amazing clothes. Any other Abbey addicts feel that way too?

So, I made my card today for the Double Take Tuesday challenge over at the TGF blog. It's a sketch this week and I was very excited to have the new Wild Sprout Gracie to play with for it. I don't think it's a secret that the Wild Sprouts are one of my most fave Greeting Farm cuties and I was thrilled to see a new one added to the family with this latest release... it's just been too long!
Now you may notice that I have done a bit of altering to Gracie but that's only because I saw her as a short haired kind of girl. So I simply wiped away her braids and drew in the short wisps in the back. I think it makes her look a bit sassy. :)

Ok, I suppose I should go get myself ready for this brand new week. TTYL!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Doodlebug
stamps- The Greeting Farm (WS Gracie), My Favorite Things (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox creamy brown
prima flower
button
glitter ribbon
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E21, E23, E27, E29
clothes- RV10, RV11, RV34, RV52, RV55, RV09, YG11, YG13, YG17, E40, W00, E44, E47, E49

15 comments:

Amanda said...

Being in the uk downton has already finished but I am looking forward to the new series already. The Christmas special is not to be missed. Fab card as always like the new nose too. Hugs, Amanda x

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful sweet card ♥

scrapn_momof2 said...

Too stinking cute!! As always your coloring is amazing!

Mette said...

Love Downton and can't wait for the new series. And I am totally with you on the costumes.
Super sweet card - both the colours and image. As always you brighten up our day Amy.

Hugs, Mette

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

WSs are my favourite as well and I love how you've altered Gracie to look even cuter.

Tress said...

Gracie's new hairdo is adorable! Loving all the pink and green on this card!

Sara I. said...

Absolutely precious! Gracie is one of my new faves!! Love it! xx

Heidi Brawley said...

omg this is sooooo darn CUTE!!!! Love it all. love your altering again!!! Have an Awesome day doll!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Kelly Schelske said...

She's adorable!

Unknown said...

So adorable! :)

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

You, Amy, are pure genius! I never think outside the box like you and it is so refreshing to see you make a stamp and make it new!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I think your card is just adorable! I love all the happy colors and I think your button on top of that flower is awesome! I am really loving Downton Abbey and I think is it so sweet how the headman was so concerned out the one maid having cancer. :O) I have watched them all so far, but I am still not a 100% with all the names. Mostly I remember Anna and her husband. Love them both and hope that works out. I was very sorry for the middle daughter last night. She deserves to be just as happy as her sisters. It is very hard being middle child let alone the middle of three girls. lol... Anyway, I can not believe I am saying it, but I can not wait until Sunday to see what happens next. My all time favorite movie is 'Somewhere in Time' and it is placed in the early 1900's. The first time I ever watched it I was a teenager and I have LOVED that period in time ever since. What can I say, I love my Copics, but I love the old days and all the bustles and men being men and women being proud of it. lol.. Have a great night my friend. I have to paint my nails then I am off to bed. Hugs, Lisa

Christine L said...

She's soooooooooo gorgeous... love that image and your fabulous colouring and layout!

Hugs
Christine x

Juls said...

so cute!! Love the colours!! Hugs Juls

Leanne said...

Awww I know how you feel about her. I feel the same way. Love her hair!! And now she could be twins with Ebony. Hehe!
Sweet card Amy! Loves it! ;) Have a terrific week!