Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Colorful Ketto...

Olo!

I've got a crazy day ahead of me so this post is gonna be a quick one. :)

I'm on a roll with continuing to ink up stamps that haven't gotten much lovin'. This one is Charlotte Ketto from Stamping Bella and while a lot of my Kettos have made it onto cards this was Charlotte's first time. The funky mix of prints on her dress inspired my choice of paper because it had its own upbeat mix of prints and colors going on. The embellishing really is just a random mix of odds and ends that had collected on my desk and I wanted to challenge myself to use that giant flower in a cool way. Using it to mat Charlotte and ground the rest of the embellishments seems to do the trick. ;)

Oh and one more thing before I sign off... the CHA show is coming up this weekend and I've been enjoying many different sneak peeks from various companies but I have yet to find any news about possible new Copic colors being added this year. So if any of you fellow avid colorists out there have heard or seen anything please share! I'm really hoping to see a couple color families fleshed out a bit so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, LOL!

TTYL!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Making Memories (polka dot), Basic Grey (green)
stamps- Stamping Bella (Charlotte Ketto), Doodlebug (sentiment)
ink- Memento espresso truffle, Colorbox creamy brown
Divine Twine
Prima flowers
Heidi Swap XL flower
Kaiser Craft pearls
button
handmade yo-yo
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53
clothes- RV63, RV66, RV69, R21, R22, RV42, YR21, YR12, YR15, YG01, YG03, BG01, BG07
background- BG000, 0

10 comments:

Juls said...

stunning!! Love how you have used the flower!! Hugs Juls

Lau W said...

A superb birthday card Amy ! So lovely colors !
xxx

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe this Birthday card is Super Cute!!! Love it all!!! Have a Wonderful day Amy!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Sara I. said...

This is absolutely fun and fantastic! Awesome job with that huge flower!! xx

Leanne said...

Love it!! The colors are very happy!!
I will keep my ears peeled for any new colors.
Have a great day!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is gorgeous. I love all the bright, happy colors.

Danni said...

Clever use of that big flower! Super fun and pretty card!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love the bright colors.

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

So spunky and fun! i love the flower as a mat and that paper is awesome!

RiNNE said...

0000h, I remember that paper! Is it a lil but embossed? Good job on using an old one :). Looks lovely with that Ketto fairy! Too bad on no new copics.