Thursday, June 1, 2017

Find your paradise...

Olo!

I'm so excited that June has arrived! Now I know I missed the boat on coming up with a clever name like Mer-May for this event but for the last couple years I have kicked off summer with my month of mermaid cards and I wasn't about to change that tradition this year. As I was gathering up stamps and supplies for all the upcoming under-the-sea fun I had a difficult time deciding who would be kicking it all off. So I searched my past blog posts to remind myself who has already made it on a card or two. That's when I discovered that this O.G. mermaid from Kraftin Kimmie Stamps called Nerissa had never gotten to be the star of the show here on the ol' blog. Can you see my shame face from over here? Seriously, I have had this beauty for so long that she isn't even available in the KK store anymore! Oy, what a neglectful stamper I have been. Time to remedy this situation with some ink and a bit of coloring. I went with a cool blue and green combo on Nerissa to match the pretty background that was actually the packaging for the May Hero Arts kit that I got recently. The cool seaweed die is also part of the same kit. I gotta say, I'm so happy to have finally gotten this merry mermaid on a card all her own and because of that I'm also going to enter this into the current 'anything goes' Wednesday Challenge over on the KK blog. :)

Thanks for swimming by to say hi today!
Supply list:
cardstock- Copic X-Press It and Papertrey Ink
paper- Hero Arts (May kit)
stamps- Kraftin Kimmie Stamps (Nerissa), Hero Arts (May kit), Newton's Nook (Paradise Palms)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Hero Arts blue
My Favorite Things stitched dome die
Hero Arts May kit seaweed die
Kaiser Craft pearls
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
eyes- YG03, YG25, YG67, BG000
eyeshadow YG00, W3
hair- BG02, BG07, B39
tail- YG00, YG01, YG13, G14, G07, Y04
shell- E50, E81, E93, E95, BG000

4 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

yeah!!!! I was just telling Brooke... I wonder if June is Mermaid month again?? LOOOOOVE this oldie but goodie stamp!!!!! Your card is Beautiful as Always!!!!!!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Dotty Jo said...

Wooo hoooo! I love your card - Mermaid June is here! Jo x

Tracey Ann said...

So excited it's your mermaid month! And, my oh my, it was worth the wait to see Nerissa come alive... she's stunning! Beautiful use of color... fabulous kickoff!!! 🙂

Marilyn Webb said...

Gorgeous card and coloured to perfection!1 Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
Marilyn Dt