Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Your birthday star...

Hello, hello!

In 2016-2017 I challenged myself to get all 12 of the cupcakes from the Baker's Dozen stamp set on cards for their respective months. Today I am starting my new self challenge and that is to create birthday cards for each of the Stamping Bella Zodiac Girls. Even though I got these stamps a few months ago, being the OCD nerd that I am I had to wait and start with Aries since she is the first sign of the zodiac calendar. Because Aries is associated with the color red I dove into it head first and gave her a sparkling red dress and heels. And I didn't stop there... I finally broke into some of the Oxide inks that I've been collecting and sponged on a mix of reds, oranges and yellows to create a fiery background to match her fiery personality. The sentiment is a mix of stamps with the top being from the Papertrey Ink Stargazer sets and the Aries description comes with Miss Aries herself. Now as much fun as I had making this zodiac card I didn't want to stop there. So tomorrow I will be sharing a card that I made with an altered version of Aries that shows her versatility and transforms her into an everyday gal. I hope you will check back then!  :)

Later gators!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Stamping Bella (Uptown Girl Zodiac-Aries), Papertrey Ink (star gazer and star gazer additions)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Studio Calico Poppy, Tim Holtz Distress candied apple and barn door, Tim Holtz Distress Oxide abandoned coral, carved pumpkin and squeezed lemonade
Smooch gold
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 2
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- Y32, E33, E35
horns- E81, E84, 0
clothes- R17, R29, R89
shadow- W2, W4

2 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

This is Fabulous looking too!!! Love that oxide background!!!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Tracey Ann said...

So blessed am I to have received this gorgeous piece of art for my birthday. Thank you, Amy! 🤗