Wednesday, July 24, 2019

You are my summer...

Hello again!

It's my day to post over on The Greeting Farm blog and I've got another summer lovin' card to share with you today. This adorable little vacationing couple is part of the Beach Day set that was released last month and as soon as I saw them I knew I wanted them to be watching the sunset together. To help sell the dusky look I was after I made sure to color them darker than I would have if it was a bright sunny day. This helps make it look like there isn't much light hitting them and then the final touch that really drives it all home is adding in the dark shadows behind the couple and every other object on that beach. By stretching out those shadows it makes the sun feel low against that horizon, like in only a few more minutes it will sink beneath the waves leaving only a rosy glow for our two love birds.

Before I leave you, be sure to check out the TGF store because the pre-order for Mystery Box #2 is now open. These boxes are packed with never before seen stamps and are a great value that you will not want to miss out on!
 Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Catherine Pooler
paper- Simple Stories
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Beach Day), Newton's Nook (Paradise Palms)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Prima flowers
buttons
May Arts twine
Copic markers:
skin- E21, E23, E25
boy hair- E44, E47, E49, Y11
girl hair- E55, E25, E27, Y11
swimsuits- BG07, BG99, R81, R85, R89
heart- R32, R35
sand- E30, E31, E33, E34, E35
coconut drink- E55, E57, E59, RV13, RV29, E81, E84, YG01, YG25, YG67
sunset- Y0000, Y11, YR21, YR65, RV42, 0
sea- Y11, BG53

1 comments:

Julie D. Richards said...

What a beautiful sunset. Wish I were there. Hugs.