Saturday, July 27, 2019

Walk away...

Happy Saturday my friends!

I've got another Stamping Bella Scenic Saturday card to share and this week I thought it would be a nice change up to do something slightly different. As fun and as cool looking as coloring an entire card front into a scene is, I also know that it can be intimidating, especially for those just starting to dabble in stamp story telling. So I wanted to share a way to make the process a little less overwhelming as you baby step up to more involved scenes. First it helps to find a character stamp that is already full of personality because this does half the job for you. The new Oddball Pug definitely fulfills that criteria, I mean come on... just look at all that attitude! Next it helps to grab a sentiment that is going to help reinforce your message or story, in this case the hilarious sentiment from the Dog Sentiment set totally gave me my direction for this card. I decided to illustrate the act of rebellion mentioned in the sentiment by using my Copic markers to sketch in a smart phone that has now seen better days, LOL. With that simple addition the story is complete, no floor, no wall, no other kind of background necessary EXCEPT that shadow grounding both the Pug and the phone onto the otherwise white space. Think of it like a photographer's white backdrop, you still see the shadows at their feet. And it's always effective if you pull those shadows a bit dramatically either to the left or right as opposed to just a simple line beneath them, this makes your simple scene more dynamic and energized. 

Well I hope that this simple walk through has you energized to try something similar... stay crafty my friends! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
paper- Doodlebug (Puppy Love)
stamps- Stamping Bella (Oddball Pug and Dog Sentiment set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Memory Box stitched border die 
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Nuvo limoncello jewel drops
Ranger glossy accents
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:
pug- E50, E51, E53, E55, E57, E47, E49, E31
eyes- BG000, C1, C2, E25, E29
phone/pee- C1, C3, C7, Y00, Y02, Y08, V22
shadow- W00, W0, W1, W3, W4, W5