Saturday, November 23, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving...

Hey there!

Are you ready for another Scenic Saturday card over on the Bellarific blog? Next week many of us will be celebrating Thanksgiving here in the States so I figured it was the perfect time to ink up the super sweet Teeny Tiny Townie with a Pie. Because in my opinion, nothing goes more hand in hand with Thanksgiving than the pie. Personally I'm more of a pecan pie girl but it looks like Teeny Tiny has a fondness for apple, LOL! Thanksgiving is also a time to be mindful of all that we have to be thankful for and I have to say, our amazing stamping and card making community is one of those things I am very grateful for. The constant flow of creativity, sharing and inspiration is a beautiful thing to be a part of. In fact, the idea for this watercolor wash looking background was inspired by a coloring that I recently saw the super talented Alberto Gava post on Instagram. He inspired me to play with that idea in a fall colored palette and I love the end results. The technique is actually very easy, I simply grabbed a circle die to trace an outline around Teeny Tiny using very light Copic colors, B0000 up in the sky area and YR30 down below. Once I had the sky and ground all filled in with those base colors I simply started to sketch out past the circle line here and there in a random, splotchy pattern. Then I just continued to do the same with slightly darker colors to build up some more depth and layers. I really love how this technique frames Teeny Tiny Townie with a Pie and gives her a colorful little world to live in without overwhelming her. To finish off this clean and simple design I added the Happy Thanksgiving sentiment from the Fall Sentiment set with a sprinkling of Nuvo drops to tie in with the splotchy, painterly look of the rest of the card.

Happy Thanksgiving and stay crafty my friends! 
Supply list: 
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Cryogen Curious Metallics white
stamps- Stamping Bella (Teeny Tiny Townie with a Pie and Fall Sentiments set)
ink- Memento rich coca
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Nuvo vintage chocolate chip drops
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- E23, E57, E59
clothes- YR21, YR24, YR27, E99, R35, R37, R89, E79, YG21, YG95
pie- E50, E21, YR31, YR23, E33, E35, YG21, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99
background- B0000, B000, B52, YR21, YR12, YR14, YR18, YR30, Y32, YR23, YR24, E33,