Monday, June 29, 2020

Happy 4th of July...

Hey there! 

Today I'm on the Greeting Farm blog with a couple more 4th of July scene cards that I made
using the newly released Porch 2 set as well as the fun and festive 4th of July Decor set... apparently I just can't stop creating with these, LOL! I love to decorate my humble little home for all of the various holidays but now with these digital sets I can create dream scenes of covered porches with porch swings and fancy shuttered windows all decked out to the nines with perfectly coordinating tchotchkies and festive paraphernalia.

For this first card I grabbed the older Happy Anya digi because I knew she would look super cute holding one of the pinwheels that comes in the 4th of July Decor set. The window and shutters are part of the Porch 2 set while the flower box was borrowed from the original Porch digi set. With just a few extra decorations in the window I had a simple and quick little holiday card that is just as sweet as can be.
My second card was a bit more involved as I really wanted to get the classic Oliver and Amelia Let's Grill rubber cuties into a digital 4th of July barbecue picnic scene. So after stamping and masking them on my card stock I went to work building the background digitally using various items from a whole host of digi sets including, trees and sandwich board from the Food Truck set, picnic table and cooler from the S'more Fun Add On set, bowl and stack of plates from the Build-a-Kitchen set, pop cans and tray of cookies from the Bakery Cafe and the rest from the 4th of July Decor set. As I lay everything out I keep in mind where each character will be and how much space they will fill so that nothing gets too covered up once I run them through the printer then remove the masks. The long slimline design gave me plenty of space for them to get their party started. 

So to all my friends celebrating this weekend, be safe and have a happy Independence Day!