Wednesday, July 1, 2020

A holiday that sparkles...

Hello, hello!

It's kinda hard to believe that it's July 1st already but here we are. This definitely has me crafting with Independence Day in mind as I create cards this week but I enjoy the challenge of taking stamps that have nothing to do with the holiday and making them work for fun and festive scenes. So when I pulled out my binder of Hello Bluebird stamps and spotted the Besties set with all those bunnies and bears with their backs turned I could just imagine them capping off a fun-filled day by watching a glorious fireworks display together. I did a bit of masking to put them together in a different configuration then I really stepped outside my comfort zone for the background and grabbed ink pads and blender brushes rather than my go-to Copic markers. Once my bursts of color where all inked on I took the Copic Opaque White and sketched in all the sparkles. The sentiment was frankensteined together using the Sparkles Script set. The set doesn't include the word 'that' so I had to stamp letters individually until I spelled it out for my sentiment to work. All in all I think they look like a happy bunch all decked out in their red, white and blue. :)

Have a good one!   
Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Besties set and Sparkles Script set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Papertrey Ink raspberry fizz, orange zest, bright buttercup, hawaiian shores, plum pudding and royal velvet, Studio Calico lime light, clear blue and sunny day, Versamark watermark
Hero Arts detail white embossing powder
Trinity Stamps slimline stitched card panels die
Trinity Stamps slimline scalloped card panels die

Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic opaque white
Copic markers:
grass- YG03, YG25, YG17, YG67, G94, G99
sitting bear- E55, E57, E79, B24, B37, B39
standing bunny- E30, E31, E43, E34, C0, C2, C4, R46, R89
sitting bunny- W1, W2, W3, W4, W5, N2, N4, C0, C2, C4, B24, B37
standing bear- E35, E27, E79, C0, C2, C4, R46, R89