Tuesday, July 6, 2021

In the spotlight...

Hello friends!

Sorry for the lack of a post yesterday, I got too busy having fun on the 4th for any crafty time to be had. I'm back now though, with a dance inspired slimline card mixing and matching three ballerina stamps from Dreamerland Crafts. Because Who is my Loved One and When You Believe are both much larger than Dancing in the Stream, I played with perspective a bit by masking When You Believe then stamping Dancing in the Stream slightly behind her (first wiping the ink off of the water at her feet). This simple trick pushes the smaller dancer further into the background, making it natural that she would appear smaller than her friends. Once they were all in place, I simply colored in a wooden stage floor beneath their feet and three bright spotlights to shine down on each one of them. As I flipped through some stamps that were near my desk I spotted this sentiment from MFT and it couldn't have been more perfect. Some coordinating card stock for the base and this card was done!    

Well, thanks for dropping by and have a good one.  :)


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Dreamerland Crafts (Dancing in the Stream, When You Believe and Who is my Loved One), My Favorite Things (sentiment)

ink- Memento tuxedo black

Trinity Stamps stitched scallop slimline die

Sharpie extra fine white pen

Sakura stardust glitter pen

Wink of Stella clear glitter pen

Copic markers:

ballerina 1 skin- E11, E13, E23, E25, E04
hair- T5, T9, T10

ballerina 2 and 3 skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20

ballerina 2 hair- YR31, YR14, YR27, E29
ballerina 3 hair- E35, E57, E79

clothes- R21, RV42, RV25, RV95, C2, C6, C10

stage- E31, E33, E35, E44, E47, E79

spotlights- C00, C1, C3, C5, C6, C8, C10

0 comments: