Saturday, July 17, 2021

Enjoy the journey...

Hello!

It's time for a new Scenic Saturday post over on the Bellarific blog. As I was deciding what I was in the mood to create with I knew I wanted an image with a summertime vibe. I flipped past many great beach and swimming stamps but none of them were really calling out to me this week. It wasn't until I landed on the classic Tiny Townie Sally Rides her Snail that I knew I had a winner. Sure, she's not specifically a summer stamp but that cute little sleeveless romper she is wearing always makes me think of warmer weather. I paired Sally and her snail with the Gnome Backdrop stamp to add extra whimsy to this scene then proceeded to color it all in a rather citrus inspired color palette. Wanting to keep a fresh expanse of green across the middle of the card, I chose not to color in the road section of the backdrop stamp in the usual earth tones. Instead, I ignored the path lines and colored all of the ground as a sloping green hillside. That doesn't mean Sally's snail still couldn't leave a glistening snail trail behind him as he goes, which was easily added by squeezing out a meandering line of Ranger Glossy Accents onto the card front once it was all put together. It's a fun touch, that when paired with this simple sentiment, works together to help tell this magical story.  :)

Stay crafty my friends!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Stamping Bella (Tiny Townie Sally Rides her Snail, Gnome Backdrop and sentiment) 
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa
My Favorite Things double stitch stax

Ranger glossy accents

Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20

hair- E23, E47, E79
clothes- R01, RV42, R22, W1, W2, Y02, Y18, E55, E59

sky- R000, R01, R30, R32, R20

grass- YG00, YG03, YG25, YG63, G94, BG96
mushrooms- E81, E84, W00, W0, YR21, YR12, YR14, YR27

snail- V01, Y11, Y21, Y26, G20, YG91, YG93

flowers- Y000, BG90, Y17

0 comments: