Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Hello cutie...

Hello there!

Today I am up on the TGF blog and it's not much of a secret that I've been a long time TGF fan. I fell in love with The Greeting Farm characters back in 2009, just after the name changed from Pink Poison. Flutter Anya was one of the very first red rubber stamps that got me hooked on stamping, coloring and card making, and oh my, what a crafty adventure it has been! I will admit that there aren't many TGF stamps missing from my collection so when the big Anya Reboot kit recently went up for pre-order, I didn't think I would need it. That all changed when I saw that the original characters included in the kit had been updated with slightly different looks here and there. As soon as I received my Anya Reboot kit in the mail, I thought it would be fun to search my personal blog for posts sharing cards that I made using the original Anyas included in the kit. Not just to see the difference in the stamps but to also see the growth and change in my coloring and card making style over all these years. I didn't have older cards using all of these Anyas, at least not as-is since I did a lot more head swapping back in the day, but I found enough that I'm going to make this a little series for my TGF blog posts.

As you can see, I'm kicking things off with the delightful Flutter Anya who started it all. On my new card I've paired Flutter with the flowers and twirly flight path from the What's Buzzin'? set as well as the Hello sentiment set. My original card from 2009 was made as a Christmas card and while I wasn't feeling the Christmas vibe this time around, I did make a point of giving her red hair and similar color choices in their outfits. You can see how small shifts in the tonal range make a big difference in the overall look of a card, with my new card having a fresh, spring time feel. The other big take away is my shift from using a mix of patterned papers on each card and instead creating one layer scenes through coloring and stamping. Sure, looking back can be a bit cringe but I can remember being proud of this card and now I'm even prouder of how far I've come and I wouldn't change any of the cards I've made along the way because they got me to where I am now.  :) 

 Stay crafty my friends! 


 
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It

stamps- The Greeting Farm (Anya Reboot kit, What's Buzzin'? and Hello)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and desert sand, Papertrey Ink vintage jadeite and lovely lady, Catherine Pooler seafoam

My Favorite Things blueprints die

Sharpie extra fine white pen

Wink of Stella clear glitter pen

Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- YR21, YR15, YR24, E97, E99, E29
dress/wings- YG41, G24, BG96, RV00, RV10, RV02, RV93, RV95/RV00, V000, V01, BG10, BG11, Y00
grass- YG11, YG41, G43, G24
sky- BG0000, BG000, BG01, BG02, C0, 0
flowers- G20, BG90, Y02, Y18, Y26, RV02, RV32, RV34, V01, V12, V15, YG41, YG45, BG96

0 comments: