Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Sunshine and seashells...

Hey there!

Today I've got a card combining one of the cute mermaids from the Guppies set with the pelican from the Sea Birds set and the flying birds from the Horizon Lines: Seaside Cliffs set... all of which are part of the Sweet November Stamps MerMay clear stamp release. First, I stamped the mermaid and masked her off before stamping the dock from the older Dock on the Bay set, beneath her. This gave her the perfect place to sit and chat with Mr Pelican above the water line. Off in the distance I colored in a spit of land, hinting at more of the shoreline that the dock would be attached to. Between the true blues of the ocean water and the mermaid's red tail, I figured it would be a different look from my usual mermaid cards if I stuck with a primary color scheme and made the sky yellow. I'm really happy with how this scene came together and it always feels good to mix and match so many different sets into one card.  :)

Later gators!

 

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler

stamps- Sweet November (The Guppies, Horizon Lines: Seaside Cliffs, Sea Birds, Seashells and Sunshine and Dock on the Bay)

ink- Memento tuxedo black, Catherine Pooler icing on the cake and Papertrey Ink lemon zest

My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 2

Wink of Stella clear glitter pen

Sharpie extra fine white pen

Copic markers:

sorry, I lost my list

 

0 comments: