Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ginger in pink

Hey there! Happy Tuesday to ya! :)

Or should I say, happy Glee day to ya?! LOL
Yep, it's terrible because I'm always rushing through my Tuesdays now just to get to Glee that much faster! What can I say... I'm addicted! And I'm sure you'll be hearing all about it from me tomorrow morning, just a warning for ya. ;)

So my card today is another one where I raided the ol' scrap bags (pats self on back) and came up with this mix of pinks and browns that I thought looked nice. When it came time to color up Ginger Fairy I thought it would be fun to only use pinks and browns on her as well and that's just what I did. The rest is a pretty typical Amy card... Prima flowers and pearls blowing in the breeze. How's that saying go... if it ain't broke, don't fix it? LOL
Hey, we all have our 'go-to' styles that we fall back on when we need to... right?

Ok, ok... that's all I got for today but be sure to check back tomorrow as we will be kicking off May previews at Club Anya and I guarantee you will not want to miss out on these! :)

TTFN! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- GCD Studios (pink floral), Basic Grey (solid pink), Making Memories (ledger), Karen Foster (brown)
stamps- Sweet November Stamps (Ginger Fairy), Little Paper Shop (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E21, E13, R20, R22, W3
hair- E50, E51, E53, 0
dress- E44, E47, E49
wings- RV0000, RV000
eyes- E59

32 comments:

MicheyMoo said...

Gorgeous Ginger card Amy......and when you do something so well.....why change it. Its not always your style, but its classic and definitely works for you.
Enjoy Glee tonight.....the season finally kicks off for us Aussies on Thursday night!! WooHoo....since I'm about to climb into bed, that means 2 short sleeps away!! Yay, very gleeful about it. xx

Melissa S said...

Happy Glee day to you too Amy!! Beautiful card. I love pink and brown together!

Jenn said...

Adorable card!! Can't wait to see the new TGF release!

♥Rach♥ said...

Beautiful card and sentiment. Love your coloring on Ginger, the satin-look of her dress is beautiful and so is her white blonde hair, LOVE it!

Juls said...

so incredibly beautiful! Love the colours! love the sentiment the image and the pearl detail....infact just everything! fab make! Hugs Juls

Angela said...

Ginger is beautiful Amy!! Love the pink, brown and cream colors!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Kimberly S said...

So pretty! Gorgeous colors (fab that you used more scraps!)and love the little flowers scattered artistically around. :)

Shaela said...

beautiful card - I can't believe it came from the "scrap bag", lol!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

She's beautiful! I love the scenery with flowers!

Happy Glee Day :)
hugs, margie

Naoual said...

Gorgeous card Amy, as usual! Love the papers and colour combo you used, stunning colouring too!

xx Naoual

Mimi said...

Such soft colors, love the pinks and browns! Wish my scrap bag was like yours! Hehe! ;)

Marlene said...

So pretty!

donna mikasa said...

Happy Glee Day! Love this! Ginger looks great with all those flowers and the yummy pinks and browns. The LPS sentiment is perfect, too. Have a great evening, Amy! ; )

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a pretty prety card, amy! i love the colors! you know i love your style! happy glee day...i still haven't watched it yet! aiyah! have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

Larisa said...

what a nice card again )) Love this girl )))

Alice said...

LOVE your style, Amy!! it's fabulous! love those tiny flowers!

Tasha said...

Oh WOW this is beautiful Amy, the colour combo and image are beautiful and you layout rocks. Its super sweet
love tasha xx

Anonymous said...

OMGosh this is gorgeous, i love pink and brown together, your layout is beautiful as always. Ginger looks gorgeous :)
Enjoy Glee tonight :)
Suzi
xxx

WickedPixie said...

Beautiful card Amy! And once again I have sentiment envy!! HA HA! You always have the best ones! Your "tried and true" style you "fall back on" always looks fresh and fabulous! :-)Traci

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card Amy! I love the soft colors! and the details :)

fairie said...

omg Amy!!! Beautiful card.

Anna said...

So pretty!

Danni said...

Beautiful card!

RiNNE said...

i always like reading your commentaries on wednesday mornings about Glee, Amy! hehehee!

i'm excited too!

love the mixture of ledger paper and floral here! Ginger looks lovely in pink and brown surroundings!

Michelle said...

Awsome color combo, love this card. I am a newbie Gleek! I saw the Madonna episode and now will be leaving my tv on fox after Idol!

Shirley N said...

Yes, do not fix it--love those flowers and pearls blowing in the breeze! You're my inspiration on that for sure! Beautiful card as always!

Joy said...

such a sweet card...love the soft colors and way to go on using scraps! wish I could watch that show, but I got a game tonight! happy tuesday!

1LuvnMama said...

Oh Amy! Luv the soft colors and all those flowers and pearls! So Amy-ish! :) Ok, Glee is on tonight . . . you've enabled me to the Glee crew!

Leanne said...

Beautiful card Amy! I love the softness of it and adding those primas to the dp is a great touch. Love the color combos. :)

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh Amy, this is beautiful!! Ginger looks as beautiful as can be, I really adore your style... amazing!!

gobeagirl said...

Amy I think that Ginger's colors are pink and brown. This card is just gorgeous! I love how simply sweet it is and I have always loved brown and pink together. heehee. Hugs, Lisa

mycardz said...

Wow, your card is just beautiful! I love the layout - it's soooo perfect for the awesome Ginger! hugz, Mary