Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday is challenge day

Hello, again... hello... ;)

Heeheehee! Ah yes... I got my Glee fix and it was gooooooooooood! SO worth the wait! There wasn't a whole lot of my funny little Kurt but did you see the look on his face when Finn was singing "Hello, I love you"? It was only a split second but it totally had me rolling! I think the singing and dancing talents of this cast are a given but I gotta say the acting is sharp and spot on and it's the little moments like that that prove it. Sigh... I feel like Oliver Twist at the table, "Please sir, may I have some more?" LOL
Luckily we have even more to look forward to next week with the Madonna episode! Can you hear me squealing with excitement? I'm not ashamed to admit that I've got a soft spot for the Material Girl... her music helped define my formative years so it gets all tied up with memories from my school days. Yep, this is gonna be good. So when do you think the Glee volume 3 cd will come out? I'm already getting antsy for it!

Ok, enough of my crazy Gleek fan-girl moment... I can't spend the entire post mooning over Glee, especially since I have this week's ATS challenge to share. :)
Distressing is the name of the game and that can take many forms. I chose to stick with my tried and true method of inking up the edges of my papers. I do this on probably 99% of all my cards simply because I like the definition it gives when I am mixing multiple patterns. It also allows me to not have to mat each pattern with a solid cardstock to help give the layout design some separation. Most of the time though I keep it kind of restrained but today I let the ink go a bit crazy and really feathered those edges because I wanted it to look a bit aged and distressed.
So if you're feeling in the mood to grunge things up this is the challenge for you this week! And remember, every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win, your card must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!

Alrighty, I'm audi... check ya later!
Supply list:
cardstock- Jillybean Soup kraft, Cardstock Warehouse and PTI
My Mind's Eye border stickers
stamps- CC Designs (Lil Bug Emma), Verve (sentiment)
digi stamp- Sweet November (Darby and Chenille)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls and rub-on stitches
Sakura clear glaze pen and stardust pen
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic multiliner 0.1 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E21, E13, R20
hair- E27, E29, E59, E49
clothes- YG21, YG01, YG13, R43, R35, R46, BG11, BG32, BG23
mushrooms- E40, E41, 0, R11, R12, YR61, R32

32 comments:

Tasha said...

Oh wow how adorable is this Amy! Love the cute scene you created and that you mixed your stamps up how cool. Such cute papers and design
love tasha xx

Unknown said...

Love the mixture of patterned papers! Beautiful card as always, Amy! Enjoy your day!

gobeagirl said...

This is totally adorable. I love both your stamp with the other. Very cute and Springy..(is that a word?) OMWord Jerry, Madison and I all were laughing when Kurt had his "I could hug him and love him all over" look! I so love this show, and like you I am waiting for my 3rd CD. heehee...Did you like Sue doing vogue? What a hoot! Have a great day, Lisa

Unknown said...

Super cute! :)

Kelly Booth said...

So Cute Amy....Love this sweet card!!!

Melissa S said...

Wonderful card! I love distressing with ink! I'm so all over the 3rd CD when it comes out. My girls (3&5) can practically sing all the songs from the first two. Glee was awesome last night!!!

Shaela said...

awww, that is SUCH a cute card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very cute, Amy! LOVE the stitches you did and those papers are fabulous!

Marlene said...

Love your card! So cute!

Yes, I had a blast with Glee last night, too! Love Sue's lines, but I, too was rolling at the look on Kurt's face when Finn was singing!

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card! Love the combo with the mushrooms, catapillar and the cute girl!

Leanne said...

Cute card Amy! I love distressing with ink. I do it a lot. I love the definition and "spot light" it gives either the paper or the image. Great challenge and another great card!

Kimberly S said...

Oh, this is adorable! Your cards are always such a cute scene! :)

Julye said...

Oh that is so not fair we inuk still have to wait for Glee to return, another nearly whole week! We think it's fab even my hubby like it but I keep trying to convert people and so many haven't heard of it ,they just don't know what they are missing.
Love the card by the way so cute thanks for sharing Julye

~* steph :) *~ said...

you're too cute, amy! i haven't watched glee yet, but i wanna check it out one day ;p'.
love your card! great combo of DPs and love the oh-so-cute images (the mushrooms are so cute!). thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

Mary J said...

Oh Amy, what a wonderful card - she is soooo cute!

Shirley N said...

I love the scene you've created Amy, adorable!

Rosa Forino said...

i love this card, adorable!

Islander Girl said...

Hi Amy! I just wanna say how much I adore you cards! Most of the time when I'm in a rut I often look at your work for inspiration!!! Thanks for that!!!

Aloha!
Claudette

RiNNE said...

Buwahahahahahahahah!!!!!! I loved last night's episode, too! And i did catch that little look on Kurt's face during Finn's song! Loved the show!

Amazing card! Little Chenille is so cute on that mushroom! I love the papers and flowers~

WickedPixie said...

First,I have to say I totally LOVE your card! I love mixing different stamps sets to make a scene and this is such a lovely scene! I want to be there!
I also noticed that Kurt look - it was such a small moment, but one that had me thinking "I remember feeling like that!" Ha! :-)Traci

Alice said...

too cute! too cute!! gotta go and check out those yummy stamps!! thanks for enabling me! =)

Joy said...

you did a wonderful job with this card. what a great idea to distress the edges with ink so you don't have to use CS. learn something new everyday! hope you have a wonderful hump day!

1LuvnMama said...

OH Amy! Wonderful! Luv how you added Mr. Catepillar . . . he can accompany just about any image! Darby might be lonely though. :) I just luv distressing too!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such an adorable card!

mst822 said...

Such an adorable card! Luv how you created the scene. Cute, cute, cute!
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Wow Amy have you got a fan club ??!! :)
Your creations are wonderful and this one is really too cute !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Tammi said...

Love the flowers along the bottom there, this is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Another awesome card design Amy! love all the elements you combined to create this adorable look! delightful, charming...she's a cutie-bug for sure!
Pam Going Postal

Juls said...

so so gorgeous!! Just love everything about it, the images, the colours and the gorgeous sentiment! perfect!! Hugs Juls

Randi said...

Too adorable!!! Love the whole scene you created! Especially love that little catepillar cutie!

Angela said...

Amy, this scene you created is just too cute!! I really need to ink up my CC's. That is if I can ever find sime more time or days in a week!! I did get the last 30 minutes!! And loved the her version of Vogue!! I was so amazed how close it was to the orginial!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Jodi said...

This is too cute!! I LOVE this Amy!! Wonderful card for the challenge and great scene!
Hugs
Jodi =)