Monday, April 12, 2010

Ephemera, ephemera...

Hello my lovelies!

It's Monday and that means it's time for another MM challenge over at CA&Friends! This week the fabulous Rinne hosted and her challenge is to add ephemera to your card.

At first I was a bit stumped by this one but then as I was standing in the check-out line at the grocery store one afternoon a bright yellow pack of Starburst candies caught my eye. A-ha... I had my idea! And while it was quite a hardship to have to eat all those candies (LOL not!) I was rewarded with those lovely bright colored wrappers to use on my card. ;)
So I used a small Martha Stewart scallop circle punch on the wrappers and stacked them to create these puffy little flowers I've been seeing all over blog land. I even punched out some butterflies with the left-over bits of wrapper. Then I just let those fun colors dictate how I colored up Spotlight Anya and the papers on the card. Then to top it all off, I even found this old cherry earring that I've had for many, many years (it was one of the first I got when my ears were pierced in the fifth grade). Because its partner had lost some of it's colors they could never be worn so I took a cue from Rinne and put it to use here in Anya's hands... and I love it!

All in all this was totally fun and before you go to throw that little something away this week... stop and think about how it might be used on a card then join us in the challenge!

Ok, time for me to go enjoy my day off. Later gators! :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Basic Grey (yellow), Crate Paper (green)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Spotlight Anya), Basic Grey (sentiment and word bubble)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
brads
Kaiser Craft gems
Making Memories Slice die cutter
Martha Stewart butterfly punch and mini scallop circle punch
candy wrappers
earring charm
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E21, E13, R20
hair- E15, E17, E18, E29, 0
clothes- Y13, Y15, Y19, RV10, RV32, RV34, YR04, YR07, YR09, E40, E41, 0

25 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is so cute. I love the flowers and the way that you colored Anya's outfit. What a fun idea you had. I bet on top of looking adaorble it also smells great too. lol...Have a great day off, Lisa

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh I saw this card in the wee hours of the morning and didn't realize you were the creator...
but of course you were it amazing! Beth

MicheyMoo said...

I spied this over at CA&F earlier and just laughed when I realised they were starburst wrappers!! You're totally amazing!! And the earring - perfect!! Enjoy your day off. I'm off to bed - had a shocking bout of Mondayitis today, blurgh!! xx

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Words cannot describe how cuuuute your card is, Amy! I love that you used the wrappers! The colors are so bright and cheerful! and I'm sure that it still smells good too ;) lol!

Happy Monday!
hugs, margie

Tasha said...

Super cute AMy ove the speach bubble and fab colours
love tasha xx

Anonymous said...

Magnifique !!!
Your card is just gorgeous Amy !!! Colors are wonderful !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Shaela said...

very creative, and the bright bold colors look fabulous on your blog! :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, what a great card. TFS.

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a wonderful creative card, amy! love how you placed everything and definitely love the starburst wrapper flowers :)!! so cute! what a cutie image too. so sweet! thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card Amy! And your flowers are so cute!

Leanne said...

Fantastic card Amy! Love the flowers! and that cherry earring is a great touch!

Leah l'Orange said...

oh my goomie, STARBURST! the colours are perfect for this! love the little shapes and the teeny accents. GORJE, girlie! xo

WickedPixie said...

How wonderful! Those candy wrappers make great flowers and I am so in love with those delicate little butterflies! Fab card as always! :-)Traci

Jenn Borjeson said...

What a great idea!!! Too cute - love it. I'm going to go raid my own jewelry box now... LOL

donna mikasa said...

Heee! LOVE your Starburst flowers! My DD would have helped you in a flash! Not making the flowers...but eating the candy! It's her fave!! Your card is genius--Spotlight Anya is a cutie!

Pam Varnell said...

This is adorable Amy and I love how you used the lollipop paper and the earring. You are so creative. Beautiful card girl.

Angie said...

I saw this on the CA&F blog and I absolutely love it! I love the bright colors and the little earring in her hands looks like an actual bunch of cherries! FABULOUS card Amy!

Shirley N said...

So is that my problem, Amy?--I'm not eating the right candy? lol! Yes, this is genius, amazing card Amy! SWEET!

Unknown said...

Candy wrappers...so clever you, Amy! Very creatiive! LOVE your card! Have a fabulous day!

Alice said...

super card!!! LOVE those colorful wrapper flowers! just so bright and happy! love love love this, Amy!! =)

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card!

RiNNE said...

OMG, Amy!! You so rocked the challenge!! Love what you came up with! You are a genius! Love the puffy, Starburst wrapper flowers! I think the plastic gives them extra charm, don't you? ;). And that cherry earring is adorable!

Joy said...

what a cute card! love the idea of using the wrappers from you starburst to make those cute flowers and butterflies! TFS!

1LuvnMama said...

Thanks for explaining what ephemera was. I can't even say the word . . . your card is amazing with the candy wrappers! So clever!

Larisa said...

it is wonderful!!!