Friday, April 23, 2010

Thanks a bunch

Hiya friends!

First I've got to take a moment and tell you how excited I am to see your excitement yesterday for the upcoming mermaids!

I don't know if I've mentioned it before but I grew up and still live in a small town on a big, beautiful lake and our summer activities always revolve around spending time swimming and boating on it. I love the water... always have. And as a kid I would swim and swim pretending I was a mermaid, diving down and holding my breath for as long as I could, holding onto large rocks to stay down near the sandy bottom. I can also remember sitting at the bow of my uncle's boat as we sped across the water, looking down and convincing myself that that there were mermaids down there racing us.
Yes, yes... I admit it, I was one of those dreamy head-in-the-clouds little girls, living in her own little fantasy world. Some might say things haven't changed too terribly much over the years, LOL! ;)
Anyway, all that to say I have a special place in my heart for these upcoming mermaids so it makes my heart happy to hear all the positive feedback from you. :)

Ok, today I've got a quickie (if you don't count all the coloring). I was in the mood to color so I created a little scene using some of the stamps from the Spring Swiss Pixie set by masking different elements as I stamped. I also wiped away her wings so that she became just a cute little girl tending her flower garden. I pulled all my colors from the yummy new Fly a Kite papers by October Afternoon and besides the couple strips of it there are no embellishments on this card! Yep, I'm shocked too but I just didn't think it needed anything more. :)

Well, that's all I got... except to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my little sis, Jacque and I hope you have a wonderful Friday! Supply list:
cardstock- Jillybean Soup kraft and PTI
paper- October Afternoon (Fly a kite)
stamps- CC Designs (Swiss Pixies Spring set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
American Crafts alpha rub-ons
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E21, E13, R20
hair- E44, E47, E49
clothes- Y15, Y35, Y17, YG41, BG34, BG23, BG45, BG18, E40, E41, 0, R43, R46, E19
scene- Y00, Y02, Y08, YG13, YG17, G07, Y0000, R43, R46, E19, T5, T7, T9, E31, E33, E35, C0, C1, C3, R21, R22, R35, BG0000, BG000

27 comments:

Tasha said...

Amy i still believe in mermaids - just because you cant see them doesnt mean they arent a possibility!!! lol im a big kid!

Love how you transfered the colours from the paper into the image

love tasha xx

♥Rach♥ said...

Happy birthday to your sis!

I think we are all little girls with our heads in the clouds, some of us just admit it more readily than others ;0) Your mermaids are just GORGEOUS, can't wait to see more!

Beautiful card, love her little head scarf!

Rosa Forino said...

Beautiful card, love this colours from the paper

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, She is just adorable. I love your little scene and the colors that you used. I think it is safe to say that your mermaid mad a Big Splash with everyone...heehee.. Sorry, I had to go there. ;0) Happy Birthday to your sister! Have a great weekend. Lisa

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Another sweet card, Amy! I love that you didn't use any embellies! It's perfect just like it is!

Happy b'day to your lil bother, I mean sis ;)

Enjoy your weekend!
hugs, margie

Allison said...

Such a cute card... but whats this; YOU wiped off wings!?! I just about fell off my chair! Hehe. Your colouring really brings this image to life, beautiful job!

Nina T.T. said...

So pretty! You don't need much embellishments when you have such a pretty and colorful card! :)

RiNNE said...

Amy, this is such a gorgeous card! Your lil sis will love it! I love the water too! So excited about your mermaid line....EEEEEK!

Anyway, i've sometimes wanted to take away the Swiss Pixies' wings as well! She sure is just as precious as a human...LOL! Beautiful coloring!

Shaela said...

adorable!! ( and I was a dreamy headed little girl too.... I grew up in the woods around Seattle and I used play in a fairy circle and hunt for trolls in the dell by the old abandoned truck) :)

Unknown said...

So cute card! Happy Birthday to your sister :) I love the new mermaid, I can't wait to see more! Hugs :)

donna mikasa said...

Such a sweet card, and I love how you altered her from fairy to girl! Only you would think of that! Happy Birthday to your sis, and have a great weekend!

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a SWEET card, amy! love the colors, DP, and layout! just so cheerful! happy birthday to your sis :)! hope you have a wonderful friday and weekend! *hugs* steph :)

WickedPixie said...

I don't think it needs any other embellishments either! Your beautiful coloring has really brought this happy scene to life! :-)Traci

Marlene said...

Adorable card! (I love mermaids, too!)

Unknown said...

this is a beautiful card i love the bright colours you have used

Shirley N said...

Your alterings are always perfect, this is adorable! Happy birthday to your sis, I can just imagine how beautiful your card to her will be!!!

Maria Therese said...

Super sweet Amy! Gorgeous coloring:)
Have a wonderful weekend!!

Jodi said...

Oh you are so wonderful with the altering of your images! I think she looks great without her fairy wings too! I love that you were able to create a card and have no embellishments on it... it would be so hard for me to do!!
Hope you have a great day!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Tracey Feeger said...

Another fabulous creation. Wonderful job sweets.
mwah
Trace

Alice said...

Happy Birthday to your sister! this is such an adorable card!! that image is so cute! off to check it! =)

Kerry said...

She is soooo adorable, fabulous card always!

fairie said...

Lovely card!!! Love how you did her cheeks. Can't wait to see the mermaids.

Leanne said...

Amy this card is fantastic! It such a happy card! Love the vibrant colors and your alterations and add-ins are seamless, a really beautiful scene. I can't wait for all of your new images and I really enjoyed your story. :)

Sammi said...

Gorgeous card!
and TFS about your mermaids :D LOVELY!!
xxx

Crafty Jenn said...

Super cute!! Love the simplicity an how you made the dp the star.

<3 Jenn

Juls said...

gorgeous! Love the torn edge! Hugs Juls

Angela said...

I have these stamps and still haven't had time to play!! I just love the scene you created with the stamps and the colors looks beautiful together!! I'm almost to your mermaid card!!
Hugs:)
Angela