Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pretty Penny

Good morning!

As lovely as my day off was yesterday, I'm already hitting the ground running this morning... so I can't stay and chat for too long.
But that's ok, at least I've got a fun card to share! :)

Yep, it may be a quick card and kinda simple in its design but I have to say that this little Penny digi from Spesch stamps really makes me happy! As soon as I saw her and those fabulous tornado-like pigtails, I knew I had to have her. Unfortunately I hadn't gotten around to actually printing her out and coloring her up until last night and I honestly don't know what took me so long! I've gotta say, Penny sure is a lot of fun to color and just way too cute. :)

Ok, show of hands... who's ready for Glee tonight!?! I can hardly stand the excitement... it's Madonna night people! LOL ok... ok... I'll try to contain myself. I'm sure you'll hear more commentary about it all from me tomorrow though! ;)

'Til then, stay classy San Diego!

Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse and PTI
paper- K&Co (yellow), BoBunny (green and brown)
digi stamp- Spesch (Penny without flower background)
stamp- Heidi Swapp corner sentiment
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Heidi Swapp large flowers
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E55, E57, E59
eyes- B12, B16, B18
dress- YG01, YG03, YG17, YG95, Y13, Y15, Y17, YR23

32 comments:

Juls said...

just stunning!! Love the sunflower you have created for the background!! Hugs Juls

Melissa S said...

Beautiful card! I can't wait for Glee either!

BJ said...

Amy!!!! Another cutie!!! I got her also but have not printed her out. I thought of her for my Mom's Mothers Day card. Now after seeing what you have done with her I think I will print her next. It's funny I think of you when I see the Glee ads. Have fun getting your fix tonight.

☼ Cheryl* said...

Thats sooo beautiful :) the image is gorgeous!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a cutie! I love sunflowers! and that is such a pretty and unique way of creating her lil dress! Gorgeous card, Amy!
Enjoy your Tuesday :)
hugs, margie

Andrea C said...

very gorgeous and cheery x

SemSee said...

This is GORGEOUS Amy!!!! I LOVE it! Hugs, Sem x

♥Rach♥ said...

Love that giant flower and the fun sunny colors :0)

Leanne said...

She is gorgeous! Great card, love the big daisy you incorporated. Great card Amy!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is great.

Danni said...

How very beautiful!

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a pretty card, amy! love the big flower and the cutie image! great placement of everything! thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day! enjoy your glee tonite! i might take a peak and see what all the buzz is about. *hugs* steph :)

Leah l'Orange said...

ooh, she is SO cute, and her big hair is just GORGEOUS!!
i'd SO be watching Glee tonight for the Madonna episode, if i had television! ;D enjoy, luv!

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card Amy, I love that big flower!
x

donna mikasa said...

Cuteness! Love her against the ginormous sunflower!
Have a GLEEful evening!

Maria Therese said...

Oh your card is so sweet Amy!
ps it's because of you I'm on the Spesch DT, I followed the link first time you posted a Spesch card.. ;-) thank you!

WickedPixie said...

This is so cute and you are right - her hair is fabulous! I also love the corner sentiment - a lovely touch! :-)Traci

Shirley N said...

Oh how CUTE! I have so much of these big daisies and you have inspired me to finally use them, thanks Amy! Very sweet card!

Joy said...

what a cute card...love that big old sunflower! really goes with the image! TFS!

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh Amy you have done a wonderful job with her. She is such a special little girl. I just love this stamps too. Love the flower you made to go behind her.
mwah
Trace

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh fab card Amy! I love how you popped your little girl on top of that gorgeous sunflower!
:o)

Mel said...

I have to wait for a little longer to see my fav show Glee, cannot wait either, I love the card and using the flower in it is awesome.

RiNNE said...

Ok, Miss Amy! I have those colors and use em for brown hair too but mine doesn't come out like that!! Haha! Love the image and the flower!

Tonje said...

Oh, cute card. Love the big flower and your colouring is superb!

Alice said...

so cute! love the warm summery colors and that big flower is perfect! love this!

1LuvnMama said...

I luv that HUGE sunflower! That image is adorable and she's got some sexy legs too! Are sunny days headed your way or is it still snowy/rainy? Well, this card will surely brighten up anyones day.

Anonymous said...

oh my my my!!! LOVE IT! You always amaze me! I love yellow, and this is sooo precious!

Jodi said...

Wowzers Amy!! I love the yellow, it's one of my most favorite colors because it's so very happy! I love the big flower and of course the very cute cute image you colored so perfectly!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling! I love the big flower.

Rosa Forino said...

adoro questo colore e questo fiore :-)

Jessica Diedrich said...

She is too cute! I love Tracey's new line. I have yet to color her Alice that I bought from her and it's killin me. Love that big flower, too!

Tammi said...

OH WOW! This is awesome, love that great big flower and her in front of it...and the sentiment is perect! Will have to look for it! :) ~hugs