Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sweet November spotlight on Serafiia

Hello, hello all my stamping friends!

Are you ready to jump right back into another round of sneak peeks? This time I've got the April Sweet November release to share with you and I'm really excited to introduce you to these sweet new friends. :)

But before we start all of that fun tomorrow, I want to take today and shine the spotlight on this month's Sweet November Guest Gal Maire Elli Serafiia Yla-Tuuhonen!

Maire has been a Sweet November fan from the very beginning and her blog is full of all her magical cards featuring these little characters and they never fail to make me smile! So when it came time to find April's SN Gal I knew she would be perfect!
Maire's card making style leans towards clean and simple lines with delicate and pretty finishing touches. She has a thoughtful way of choosing papers and colors that always set the mood and tell a story within the design... which I love. Oh and her Copic skills aren't too shabby either... this girl can color with the best of them! :)

Now it's time for the always fun to read Sweet November Gal questionnaire... let's see what Maire had to say...

1) What color do feel represents your personality and why?
Violet - it's quite dark and mystic but in right environment and with other colors it might be also fun and festive. I think the color also calms me down.


2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making?
Perhaps! In both I love the simple (and elegant) touch but in my card I still use much more colors.

3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood?
Good music depending much about my mood at the time. I listen to all kinds of music but mostly rock. And stamping of course - mostly I do them together!


4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be?
I really can't decide so I have 2:
1) the 80's (I'm born in 87 so that doesn't count).
2) time of Hercule Poirot - I would love to "play the part" of Miss Lemon. :D


5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll etc., what kind would you be and why?
I would love to be an elf like Arwen in LOTR.


Bonus question
6) If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?

Sorry, I don't even know the series. I think it hasn't even been played here in Finland. :D


Great answers Maire! :)
Now, Maire will be joining Traci and myself over the next four days with the SNS sneak peeks so be sure to stop by her blog to see what's coming out at ATS on April 7th!


Now it's the part of the show where I share a card I've made influenced by Maire's gorgeous Fidget card featured above. What caught my eye right away was how she used the decorative die-cut as a home for her stamped character and it really plays as a key feature in the over-all design. So I dug through my box of die-cuts and found these great MME flowers, which then lead me to my paper and color choices as well. Once I had that all in place the rest of the card came together very quickly. And to finish the whole thing off I borrowed Maire's rows of little jewel like dots and ran some bling borders across the entire length of the card... which just so happened to work perfectly with this week's ATS Spring Bling challenge... imagine that! ;)
Well, thanks so much for stopping by today... sneak peeks and chances to win some sweet candy all start here tomorrow so hopefully I'll see ya then! :)


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper and die-cuts- My Mind's Eye (Penny Lane)
stamps- Sweet November Stamps (Spring Elves set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Martha Stewart border punch
Heidi Swapp bling borders
Ranger Stickles
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E30, E31, E55, E37
clothes- V000, V01, V12, Y0000, Y000, Y00, Y11
butterfly- B000, B00, B01

20 comments:

RiNNE said...

Awesome card and style, Maire! Can't wait till the 7th!

Amy, lovely use of die-cuts, your lil creation looks so at home in the flowers! Love the bling of course!

MicheyMoo said...

Yay!! There are new SN Stamps coming!! Double Yay!!

Maire's card is gorgeous. I love the colouring of dear ol' Fidget. And your flowers are fabuloso Miss Amy!!

Now to wait patiently for daily sneaks until the release day.......*drumming fingers* xxx

Kelly Booth said...

Love these Fun cards....Amy your Images are just to die for...hugs!

gobeagirl said...

Thanks for the fun intro into Marie's world. As you know I always love getting to know knew people and their wonderful talents. I think both cards are just stunning. I really like how you both used the die cuts. What fun. Have a great day. I took today and tomorrow off, and I am going to play! YAY! :D Lisa

Claireabelle said...

2 fantastic cards!!! Great work gal's, off for a nosey round Maire's blog!!

Oh, and Happy Easter!
x

Leanne said...

Love the cards featured! I'm gonna go check out Marie's blog too.. Happy Thursday! :)

Anonymous said...

2 fantastic cards, by 2 very talented ladies, you both rock!!!
Suzi
xxx

Angie said...

Oh, this is awesome! I'm going to have to check out her blog!

fairie said...

Such pretty cards.

~* steph :) *~ said...

wonderful cards! thanks for sharing! happy spring to you amy :)! *hugs* steph

donna mikasa said...

Serafiia does awesome work! Love the warm colors on her Fidget card!
Love your sweet card and all that BLING!

Unknown said...

So cute cards from Serafiia :)

1LuvnMama said...

Luv both cards! Amy you are amazing and don't know how you do it all! What an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Love your Spring elf Amy! Adorable!
Pam Going Postal

Alice said...

lovely spring colors!! such a cute card! i think you won the Jane's doodles release giveaway on my blog. YAY! =) please let me know your choice of image when you got a chance, my friend! =)

Joy said...

love it...can't wait to see the sneak peeks tomorrow! should be lots of fun! such pretty and cute cards. TFS!

Pam Varnell said...

Yay Marie and congrats.

Love your card Amy. Those colors are so good together. This card just pops right off the page. Beautiful!!

graphic2design.com said...

l love..............much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WickedPixie said...

Welcome, welcome, welcome Marie! (Sorry I am a day late!) :-)Traci

Angela said...

Can't wait to see more of Marie's creations!! Love the fall colors on Marie's card!! Amy love your use of the die cuts and all the bling you added!! Just Gorgeous!!
Hugs:)
Angela