Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Sending you a cup of cheer...

Hello there!

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog with a cozy winter card featuring a few of the caffeinated critters from the new Cup of Cheer set. They are all completely adorable but the chubby bear and sleek otter were really calling to me this time around. I also couldn't resist playing with the new Postage Frame die once again because it creates such a great look and I thought it would make for a fun background that allowed me to use a bunch of the little extra accessory images included in the set as well. First things first, I cut the Postage Frame die out of a sheet of Copic X-Press It card stock. Because I wanted to leave the 'stamps' together as one solid sheet, I grabbed an old pair of Fiskars decorative edge scissors to add the mini pinked edge around the whole thing. Using some masking sheets I started stamping the coffee cups, gingerbread cookies and snowflakes into the various squares using Memento rich cocoa ink. Next I used the coordinating dies for the Cup of Cheer set to cut out the critters so I could eventually layer them on top of the postage background. With that all done it was time to decide on a color palette for my card. Because of the cocoa/coffee theme I wanted brown and cream in the mix and rather than go full on Christmas with traditional reds or greens I opted for teal instead so that it could work all winter long. Having this limited color palette made coloring everything go pretty quickly and the end result is a lovely cohesive look. With the coloring all done, it was now time to put the card together. I grabbed a dark brown card base and then cut a strip of cream colored card stock and used the Cozy Plaid Background stamp and brown ink to create the patterned strip running across the center of the card. I then glued the postage stamp background in the middle and added the die cut critters, popping the otter and squirrel up using foam adhesive. The sentiment and cup were stamped on the little tag that is also part of the Postage Frame die, which I trimmed the rounded end off of before adhering to the card. A sprinkling of dark brown enamel dots were the perfect finishing touch to this warm and cozy card.  

 I don't know about you, but now I'm craving a hot cup of cocoa myself. Stay crafty my friends!


Supply list:
cardstock- Lawn Fawn and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Cup of Cheer)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Catherine Pooler icing on the cake

Hello Bluebird Postage Frame die

Hello Bluebird Cup of Cheer coordinating dies
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic Spica chocolate and lipstick glitter pens

Doodlebug sprinkles
Fiskars mini pinked decorative edge scissors
Copic markers:
bear- BV20, E40, E81, W00, W3, W8, R000, R30/BG10, BG11, BG72, BG34, E50, E51, E81, E55/BG70, BG72, BG75

otter- E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, W8, R000, R30/BG70, BG72, BG75/C1, C3, C4
squirrel- W00, W0, W1, W2, W3, W5, R000, R30/
E35, E57, E47/C1, C3, C4
coffee stamps- E35, E57, E47, C1, C3, C4, E31, E34, E44
gingerbread stamps- E33, E35, E44, E50, E51, E55, E81

snowflake stamps- BG10, BG11, BG34, BG72

0 comments: