Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Beautiful moments...

Hello again!

Today I'm sharing my second card as a guest for Your Next Stamp and I am up on their blog with a very 'tweet' scene. The darling birds in the Tweet Spring Birds set are full of so much joy and happiness plus the branches and all the extra scene builder bits make it super easy to create fun tree top stories. I approached this scene a little differently, masking off the left and right sides of the card front so that my scene only filled the center of the card. Once I had them all colored I flipped the mask to cover the scene and then used a diagonal stripe stencil with my Copics to create the patterning on either side. Then I used a dark brown Copic to frame the scene in leaving some elements, like the birds tail or the end of a blossoming branch to 'overlap' for added interest. Once again this great sentiment is included in the set as well, which makes sitting down to craft a card quick and easy because you don't have to go search your stash for the perfect finishing touch. :)

I want to thank Your Next Stamp for inviting me to play and create with some of their amazing offerings. I can't wait to see what they have coming up for the holidays! 


Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Your Next Stamp (Tweet Spring Birds)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and london fog
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
My Favorite Things stencil
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Ranger glossy accents
Copic markers:
 

4 comments:

Claire (Mrs H) said...

An adorable card. Love how rodtyou have left the colours
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Sorry that should say 'soft you have left the colours. I really should but my glasses on
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Kristen said...

What a lovely card. Bluebirds hold a special place in my heart stemming back to my childhood. Thank you for the smile and, taking me back down memory lane.

Fikreta said...

lovely card