Monday, June 7, 2021

Little moments...

Good morning!

I've never seen a firefly in real life though there is something about them floating lazily in an evening sky that is just so iconically summer. I recently added this sweet RAM Firefly Friends stamp from My Favorite Things to my collection and now seemed the perfect time to create a special card with it. I always enjoy images that provide an opportunity to play with a definite light source and that firefly in the jar was too good to resist. So I gave those cute kiddos plenty of glow and once the background was complete I used my colorless blender to push out little dots all around then filled them in with some FYG1 to make it look like the kids are surrounded by the little lightning bugs.

Ok, gotta run... hope your week is off to a great start!


Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Copic X-Press It
stamps- My Favorite Things (RAM Firefly Friends)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
My Favorite Things Blueprints die
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen

Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20, Y000, Y00
boy hair- E55, E57, E47, E49, Y00

boy clothes- B45, B37, B39, BG11, BG53, BG72, BG75, W0, W1, W3, W5, C2, C3, YR65, YR68, Y00
girl hair- E51, E33, W35, E44, Y00
girl clothes- V12, V15, V17, V99, W3, Y00

sky- B0000, B00, B41, B52, B95, YR30, YR31, Y000
background- B95, B97, B99, YG41, YG45, BG96, BG99
firefly- E07, E27, E81, FYG1, Y00, Y02

jar- BG000, BG02, C1, C2, C5

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Never seen a firefly? That makes me a little sad. We live in NC and have a small forest in our backyard, and fireflies are one of the main reasons I keep it natural. I kind of feel like it's their own private little sanctuary (theirs and my dogs). They struggled (mostly died) during the years that my neighbor sprayed for mosquitos. But not that her kids are older, she's not spraying and they're flourishing, I'm happy to say!

It's funny you should post this today. Over the last week, I've been telling my family "not long now!" I check every evening, but they aren't out yet. Soon, though, June is their month.

Your card - spectacular as always. I look forward to seeing your new cards (and seeing fireflies)! TFS.

Fikreta said...

Its so wonderful card!