Sunday, January 16, 2022

Have a gorgeous day sweetheart...

Hello friends!

I'm up on the TGF blog today and I'm excited to be sharing a card using the newest digital stamp set called Breakfast at Cheeky's which is now available in the TGF store! This sleek and stylish Cheeky comes with extra accessory images that can easily be layered on, like her hat, a couple pairs of glasses and a champagne flute, to dress her up even more. You will also find two great sentiments and a sweet little cat as well.

I really wanted to play up the movie inspiration for this set on my card so I also grabbed images from the Store Fronts digi set and Cheeky Shop digi set to help set the scene. I wanted to capture Cheeky as she looks in at the window display so I took one of the store fronts, cropped in close around the square window and then blew that window up really big. Next, I began placing images both behind and in front of that square window. Cheeky and the row of buildings across the street all went behind the window while the flowers, purse, mannequin and jewelry box all were placed in front. This creates the illusion that we, the viewer, are standing inside the store watching Cheeky as she passes by on the street and stops to dream about a pretty new piece of jewelry to add to her collection. I also did my best to match that classic Tiffany blue to be the primary color that runs throughout a mostly black and white scene. This hue is so synonymous with the brand that it was an easy way to tell the story of where Cheeky is without having to specifically write Tiffany & Co anywhere on the card. 

Oh, and if you are wondering how I was able to give a digital Cheeky pink lips I first printed out my scene on regular, thin computer paper, grabbed a sheet of Copic X-Press It and layered it over the print out so I could see the image beneath, then used a small piece of masking paper over the space where the lips would print. That way once I ran my Copic X-Press It through the printer I could simply peel off the masking paper with the black lips leaving an empty space on her face, layered the two print outs again and used an R43 Copic marker to trace the lips back in. Sure, it's a little extra effort but worth it if you like to add some colorful lipstick to these beauties.  ;)

Ta ta for now!


Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
digital stamps- The Greeting Farm (Breakfast at Cheeky's set, Store Fronts set and Cheeky Shop set)
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 2
Sharpie extra fine white pen

Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Nuvo dream drops

Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20, RV11, R43
hair- E23, E57, E49

eyes- E34, E35
clothes- T5, T6, T7, T8, T10, 110, W4, W5, W7, W10, C5, C7, C8, C10, 100, N3, N6, N10
window display- Y0000, Y000, E81, E84, YG21, YG05, G24, G94, BG11, BG53, BG72, BG75, E31, E33, E34, E44, 100
buildings/street- B12, BG10, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8, C9, C10, 100, W2, W3, W4, W5