Friday, January 20, 2012

Birthday wishes

TGIF my friends!

So has anyone else been hit with loads of snow this past week? We've been watching it pile up since Wednesday and it has been absolutely frigid as well. It's like Mother Nature is all of a sudden making up for the late start to winter with a vengeance, LOL!

Thankfully, I've had plenty of bright and colorful birthday cards to create keeping my spirits buoyed during the current white out. Take Birthday Mae for instance... I was cruising around Pinterest and came across a photo of a gal who had dyed her hair in this two-toned pink ombre that was so pretty and I had to try recreating the look on a stamp! Mae was perfect because with that fun dress of hers she already looked like a birthday cake. ;)
All of the new SOG birthday stamps are now available in the SOG store and we have a cool customer showcase over on the SOG blog! Check it out! :)

Well, I hope that whether you are snowed in or enjoying sunshine that your weekend is a wonderful one. Thanks for stopping by!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Echo Park (Little Girl), Heidi Swapp (card kit)
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Birthday Mae and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft gems
Heidi Swapp border stickers
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- RV02, RV10, RV21, RV23, RV25, RV29
eyes- YG03, YG67, YG97
clothes- Y11, Y15, Y17, BG11, BG45, BG49, G20, E50, V06, V09, Y02, E30, E31, 0, YR04, YG03, RV21, RV25

19 comments:

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Gorgeous card, Amy!! Love the pink hair. I have to remind myself to color the hair in bright colors. :)

chrilvian said...

ooo love the hair

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the hot pink hair - such a fun, cheerful card.

Heidi Brawley said...

lol I guess so far WE ARE ALL IN LOVE with her PINK hair!!! It is Totally awesome!! Very Adorable Bday card!!
Have an Awesome WEEKEND!!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Mette said...

Another "yummy" card full of cupcakes and sugar- colours. Love the little flowers.

Hugs, Mette

aremus said...

Very pretty card! I love the sprinkles on here dress.

Amanda

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is just adorable! I love how her dress looks like a cupcake. Too cute! We are still getting snow and the kids are happy that they did indeed close the schools today. lol... I am off to work, but at least my family will be safe at home. :O) Have a great Friday. Hugs

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card Amy! Such beautiful colouring!

Creations by Shirl said...

Love those yummy cute colours on her, matches up perfectly with your bg papers too.
Sorry to hear about all that snow going on over their....As for Hawaii it's been just gorgeous hot!
Have a great Friday and awesome weekend too!

Mimi said...

Hi Amy! Love those new SOG girls! So cute!! Adorable card with Birthday Mae, gorgeous hair! No snow here in the BayArea, but we got the RAIN! Stay warm and have a fantastic weekend! ;)

AtStudioD said...

It's Katy Perry!!! LOL. I love this card and the colors you chose... I'm gonna scrap-lift the hair colors... Thanks so much for always posting the copics you use; it's so super helpful.

x0, Damaris

Elin Larsson said...

Supercard you made! Love the colours to!

Rhonda Miller said...

How sweet. I love that cupcake paper.

Tonje said...

Love the bright colours in this one. Her pink hair is to die for...

Leanne said...

:) Pretty!! Her hair is amazing! Grogeous bright colors and papers. The candles in her hair are fun too. Love it!
Wow, hope you guys are prepared for the "winter" storm. Keep warm and if you go out becareful!
Have a nice weekend!!!
;)

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... Birthday Mae is so sweet, and I love the way you colored her Amy! Beautiful cheerful card, LOVE it! Have a happy weekend!

RiNNE said...

Wow, this is just super cute and stunning Amy! The paper is perfect! Love how colorful and bright and happy it is! My favorite part? Why, her ombre hair of course!!!! I wish I could dye my hair like that and pink! ;)

PS. Thanks so much for the SOG showcase! I feel so grateful and special to be up on the blog!! :)

Francy said...

Amy this card is absolutely wonderful!Very cute and i love your colouring!Birthday Mae is stunning!!!
Hugs
Francy

Unknown said...

So so sweet ... love the hair colour tee hee wish I could do that, hubby would throw me out :)