Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cherry on top

Mornin' folks (please scroll down for my Tickled Pink preview... thanks!)

So have you been enjoying the birthday celebration at Some Odd Girl this week? Lot's of fun stuff going on... including the release of three brand new clear stamp sets! And the best part is, they are available for pre-sale right now... yeah!

My card today features the new Cupcake Mae along with one of the sentiments that comes with her. OMGosh, how I love, love, love her hair! The pretty up-do with the quirky cherry accent is just SO much fun to color. And I had to make it confection pink not only to match the papers I chose to use but also because she is super sweet ... just like a cupcake. Oh, and if you want to practice adding candlelight to an image she's a great one for that as well. :)

Alrighty, be sure to hop on over to the SOG blog to see all of the beautiful birthday cards that my fellow Oddies have created with these new stamps. It's always so much fun to see everyone's different takes on the various images and they are sure to inspire!

Oh and real quick... I had a question about what size I make my cards and it varies. Most of the time I stick with the standard A2 (4 1/4 x 5 1/2), A6 (4 1/2 x 6 1/4) and A7 (5x7) sizes. Though sometimes I do make square cards and when I do they are either 5x5 or 5 1/2 x 5 1/2.
Hope this helps!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Cherry Hill), Heidi Swapp (card kit)
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Cupcake Mae and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, rich cocoa and Colorbox creamy brown
Doodlebug buttons
Papertrey Ink twine
Marvy Mega Scallop Circle punch
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R35
eyes- E35, E57, E59
hair- R11, R12, R20
clothes- R35, R37, R39, YG03, YG17, YG67, BG11, Y13, Y17, G20, Y02 (candle glow)

26 comments:

chrilvian said...

woww
love the buttons...they are a great match with paper

Mette said...

Who doesn't like a cupcake and this is the "does-no-stick-on-the-hips" kind :). Great card Amy and love the colours and papers.

Hugs, Mette

Marianne said...

Wow, you do seem to have matching paper for every image you use. Love the image and design. Those buttons look great, too!
Marianne x

jacque4u2c said...

So adorable!

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh wow she is a cutie, love cherries!
And you have all your details coordinated with the image - how cool even your buttons are blended in perfectly...
Have a super Thursday Amy~

Annette Allen said...

wow this is so so amazing....beautiful coloring and love the added buttons..

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, how sweet.

Sandra said...

So sweet!!! I love your card and the new Cupcake Mae!

Sudha said...

So cute. Love this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

AtStudioD said...

Amy, I love the color of her clothes and the cherry.... my favorite part of this card. TFS.

Happy Birthday SOG!!

x0. Damaris
(DamarisRi2@aol.com)

Nancy Thomas said...

Ahhhh - so pretty - lover her pink hair especially.

Larisa said...

So cute. ))) Love this.

Leanne said...

She's sooo pretty Amy! I love that you colored her hair pink! Pretty papers to go with her and her green dress is gorgeous. Love the coloring!
Have a nice day!
;)

Maria Therese said...

So delicious card ♥

Mimi said...

oh how cute!! loving the new SOG girls! and Cupcake Mae is such a sweetie! fantastic coloring!! Have a great day Amy! ;)

Dotty Jo said...

This image caught my eye too over on the SOG blog. Love how you've used her - fabulous! Jo x

Trina said...

This card is super cute! I love how her face and the front of her hair are catching the candle's light!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. Are you deep in the snow yet? We are and between the drifts and the fact that it has snowed all day today and part of yesterday we are getting hit pretty good. lol... This card is just adorable! I love the pink you have used. It really does make her look like a yummy cupcake with the best frosting in the world. Have a great evening. Did you enjoy Glee? I love the ones with so much music, and I loved the way that Mr Shue proposed. Talk about perfect! Hugs, Lisa

Anna said...

Way too cute! I have to say, I love your tutorials. I sat down tonight working on straight hair! Thanks for doing stuff like that, and putting it up in blogger land!

Cami said...

So sweet and adorable, Amy. That "cherry on top" of her head is too cute!

Cami

Heidi Brawley said...

She is a cutie for sure!!! love your coloring of her! Cute papers too! Super Sweet card!!
Hugs, Heidi

Shazza said...

she is beautiful Amy. Got my candy today, just fabulous and your card is even more gorgeous in real life x

RiNNE said...

Oh, man! I'm going to have to get this stamp too! Her hair is also fabulous, and I think those papers are just perfect!! Love the color combo of red/ pink/ green. Wonderful!!!

aremus said...

I love her! She is such a cutie!

Amanda

donna mikasa said...

Oh so cute! She reminds me of Emma Pillsbury! Such a sweet card with all that cherry goodness!

SuiLan said...

This one is such a cutie!