Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mid-week reboot

Olo!

So after a couple of not-so-great days I'm thinking that I need to refresh and regroup so that this week isn't a total bust. That is my goal for the day... along with a small list of other things, but definitely the most important one. :)

Ok, so I had started coloring up miss Poppy here a couple weeks ago for a video request that I had and it was about time that I got her onto a card. I used more Basic Grey Picadilly papers on this one... LOVE them and I'm so glad that I'm finally putting them to use. They were released at a weird time, just before the holidays started rolling around so I was already heavy into Halloween and Christmas cards thus making it so I had to set them aside for a later date. They are so delicate and feminine, without relying on lots of pink and now I am finding them to be a perfectly pretty pick me up to the cold and grey weather that we are experiencing here too.

Well, I should really go get busy. Thanks so much for stopping by.
Later gators!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (Picadilly, Nook & Pantry)
digi stamp- Tiddly Inks (Poppy)
stamp- Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Colorbox creamy brown
Martha Stewart border punch and butterfly punches
Kaiser Craft pearl and flower
twine
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E21, E33, E37, E29
clothes/flowers- Y35, Y38, YR04, YR18, E40, E41, 0, G00, G12, BG32, BG34, YG01, YG03, G07, YG67

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This card is lovely. Gorgeous colours and embellishments.
Francy

Creations by Shirl said...

Poppy is sure pretty, I just bought this digi too but haven't had a chance to ink her up yet....
Such a pretty layout Amy!
TFS!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is so awesome...love how the image just stands out..

Nancy Thomas said...

This card is a ray of sunshine. Hope your week gets better.

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE your card is Gorgeous!! Those are Awesome papers!!! Love your coloring of her too! Have a GREAT day!
Hugs, Heidi

Leanne said...

This is sure to make u happy Amy. The tropical feel is apparent. I love it!
Hope ur enjoying your day!
;)

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Tina said...

Just love her on the completed card. Thanks again Amy for the tutorial.

RiNNE said...

Beautiful card...love her hair and the flowers just enrich the card! So sorry you're having some awful days too! Hugs!!