Saturday, January 28, 2012

So tweet

Hellooooo Saturday, LOL!

So any big plans for the weekend? I've got things to do and people to see and it's all good. I'm happy to say that my week is ending on a much better note than it started. A small part of that is the happy mail that my awesome mail lady brought yesterday... my pre-order of the 12 new Copic colors are here, yeah! I'm a total marker geek because I couldn't wait to print out a new color chart and get it all filled in so that it would be ready the next time I sat down to work on an image. Even geekier... I've already started putting together a wish list of the next colors I would love to see Copic come out with. I know, it's terrible! What can I say, I'm slightly obsessed! :)

Ok, ok, on to my card... I couldn't resist printing out another of the super cute new Wryn digi stamps from Tiddly Inks. This one is Wryn and wren too tweet and boy are they ever! I was actually organizing and putting paper away when I came across this scrap of October Afternoon that I had used on a previous card last month and as soon as I saw it knew what this card's 'story' would be. Wryn is a cute little farm girl who is out watching the chicks hatch on an early spring day. And I even found this cluster of eggs stamp in an old Verve Easter set that was the perfect accent, though I did create the cracked egg by altering the largest egg and cutting it apart. Wryn's dress is paper pieced with that fab grey plaid... I know, more grey and yellow, but it's so pretty and I'm embracing the trend! ;)

Alrighty, well thanks for dropping by and take it easy my friends. Tomorrow I've got a brand new SN Spotlight to share with you which will be kicking off February previews at ATS... exciting! Hope to see ya then!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Farmhouse)
digital stamp- Tiddly Inks (Wryn and wren too tweet)
stamps- Verve (Chocolate Bunnies eggs), Imaginisce (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
buttons
Divine Twine
American Crafts Knock Outs border punch
Copic black multiliner 0.1
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53, Y11, Y21
clothes/chick/eggs- G00, BG72, BG78, W00, W2, W4, W5, Y11, Y35, Y38, YR24, E40, 0

26 comments:

Hlora said...

Super cute card!

Tonje said...

Oh, this is really tweet... The eggs are the perfect accent!

Nancy Thomas said...

Definitely tweet! I love the image and I think you and I are going to race to see who can use this paper pad the most! Glad to hear your week is better (I have a few of those markers on the way too).

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Love it! It's so sunny and cute, a promise of spring.

Crafty Loops said...

This is a beautiful card, so sweet.....opps I mean Tweet! Lee x

Mette said...

Amy - this is adorable and I totally bow down to your excellent colouring. Loving all the little details and papers - just fab.

Hugs, Mette

Creations by Shirl said...

Such a tweet card Amy....
Have a great weekend....

Rhonda Miller said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the sweet image. TFS.

gobeagirl said...

Amy she is just super adorable and I love, love the papers that you have used with her. Her hair is fantastic and I am working on being less heavy handed with my hair colors. lol.. One can dream right? Hope you have a great day and get everything done that you have planned.
Hugs

Shirley N said...

Oh Amy! Lovelovelove, this is absolutely Soooo Tweet alright! Love your scene and your cracked egg!

Betsy said...

LOVE this!!!!

Maria Therese said...

sweeeeeet!! Love her paper-pieced dress!

Unknown said...

OMG Amy, this is so so ....... yes Tweet :) I love the pretty sunny colours and fantastic paper piecing... have fun with your new copics. Hugs xxx

Jen Shults said...

I love it Amy! She's just absolutely adorable and I adore the layout you used! so so sweet. :)

Anne said...

Love this Amy, great paper piecing too
Anne x

Unknown said...

I absolutely ADORE this card Amy! the papers go so perfectly with Wrynn!

Kelly Schelske said...

So cute Amy, love the colors!

ccroll said...

Wow!!! I rarely come up with anything clever to say about your cards, Amy since I am usually dumbstruck---apparently, it affects the fingers typing too....hehe

Again, amazing creations! :)
XOXO

Lisa G. said...

Soooo amazing. I love her. This really is a perfect card.

Lau W said...

Oh Amy, this is a so cute card, adorable !
xxx

donna mikasa said...

Sooo very TWEET! I love the paper piecing and perfect papers, too! And those eggs are just the icing on the cake! Love this!!

Rosa Forino said...

che meraviglia questa card è spettacolare!!! i colori sono davvero solari ciao rosa.kreattiva

RiNNE said...

OMG, I am just dying over this card~! I know I always say this, but I really am in love with this, Amy! I adore everything about it! From the colors to the little farmhouse scene (perfect paper, you genius you!!!) to the coloring, image, and paper piercing!!! Let me know if you are planning on selling it please. I got dibs! Hee hee hee!

Aluap said...

Amy, amazing creation!! I love it!!

Unknown said...

Wryn is so cute with her plaid dress Amy! Lovely!

Leanne said...

Awww, I love this one Amy! Love how your mind works. This is brilliant!
;)