Thursday, January 12, 2012

A perfect fit

Hiya sweeties!

I know that it has been awhile, what with the holiday break that we took, but we've finally got a brand new challenge
over on the Tickled Pink challenge blog today! And we are easing back into the swing of things with a super easy and constant favorite... anything goes theme. Yep, create and play in any way that your heart desires just so long as you use a Tickled Pink cutie somewhere on your card or creation. :)

Considering that I'm still on a Valentine's Day kick, my anything goes card went in that direction. Though I did veer away from the traditional heart day colors and motifs to try for something a bit different looking. To be honest, ever since my In Stitches Tia card, I haven't been able to get away from the idea of my stamped characters acting like "The Littles" or "The Borrowers". So when I spotted these Button Boutique stamps in my stash I thought it would be cute to have a Tickled Pink couple interacting with it. I had to use Eric 'cause he is just my most fave of the Lads and Kellita was almost perfect for slipping behind the button card. Only one problem, her eyes weren't looking towards her 'perfect fit'. So I wiped away the insides of her eyes before stamping then redrew in some new irises. And I really like how by trimming out her arm, it looks like Kellita is trying to carry those buttons off. :)

Ok, now it's time for you to get creative, check out the amazing inspiration from the rest of the design team girls and play along with us this week. There is a free digi of your choice up for grabs and the winner is now selected by random generator!
Don't forget that your card must feature a Tickled Pink stamp in order to qualify for the prize... these include: Lil Lolitas and Lads, Pinkettes, Pink Pets and Cherries. All of which can be found in the Tickled Pink store.


Good luck everybody!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Jenni Bowlin (floral), Kaiser Craft (black), We R Memorykeepers (teal)
stamps- Tickled Pink (Eric and Kellita), Papertrey Ink (Button Boutique set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Fiskars border punch
buttons
stick pins
twine
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin (both)- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair eric/kellita- C5, C7, C9, 100/E50, E51, E53
eyes eric/kellita- BG13, BG15, BG18/E35, E57, E59, E49
clothes (both)- G00, BG11, G02, BG13, R46, R59, E19, B95, B97, B99, E81, W00, BG000, C2, T5, T7, T9

18 comments:

Leanne said...

Morning Amy!
Fun card! Those two are gorgeous. I love how you altered Kellita! As always you rocked the coloring and paper choices. Love the blues, reds and black combo. Gr8 card!
Have a nice day!
:)

Lotta said...

Hi Amy, what a beautiful card you have created! I love your coloring, it looks like real cloths. :) and love how her arm 3 D effect. hugs Sandra

Lisa G. said...

Cute card! Love all the bits!

Heidi Brawley said...

What an Adorable card! love the coloring too!!! Might have to play in this challenge!! Have an Awesome day!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Creations by Shirl said...

Such a fantastic card, love the colour choices matching up to the whole layout of your card... cute matching buttons too..
Have a awesome day Amy!

Mette said...

Brilliant card Amy. I love the colours and super details. Just an amazing card as always.

Hugs, Mette

Brandi said...

Oh wow! Awesome card ~ the buttons on the card are such a cool original touch. :)

Nancy Thomas said...

Gasp!! This card is gorgeous - lovely coloring and the button card is brilliant!!!

Lau W said...

Your card is gorgeous, so creative ! Love it !
xxx

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card. I love the buttons. TFS.

kris said...

such a fun card with gorgeous coloring!! always admire that from you!

Regan said...

Amy, you are always so creative and clever! I love what you did with Eric and Kellita! It's adorable! Love the buttons! Fabulous colors and your coloring, as usual, is amazing! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Mimi said...

Hi Amy! This is too cute!! Love the colors and it's just fabulous how it all flows together! indeed a "Perfect Fit"!! have a wonderful day! ;)

Crafty Loops said...

Gorgeous card Amy. Lee xx

Debora said...

Hi Amy, just wanted to say how much I enjoy your tutorials on youtube. As well as your blog!
I wish you could post a video every day! Or at least one a week would be awesome! I have learned so much about Copic coloring from you!You are the best on the web in my opinion!
And I just found out today that you're a Pea, like me! Thanks for sharing!

Trina said...

I loved The Littles!! Great card!

RiNNE said...

Perfect little scene of the Little People!! Wonderful alterations as usual and I love the unconventional color combo (for some reason, i didnt expect the dark with the blues and red).

Shazza said...

this is fabulous!!!!