Monday, January 23, 2012

Love, love me do...

Hi guys!

It snowed and snowed and snowed yesterday. And while I had a few things I should have taken care of, I kinda just took a day for me instead. I may be paying for it later this week but hopefully not too much.

What I did do (after shoveling more snow than I would like) was hunker down in my crafty room and color up a storm of my own, LOL! Some of which included this Sugar Nellie Rosie image that I decided to also feature in a couple coloring videos... and a card making video, which is a first for me. If you're interested, and have some free time, you can check out the videos here, here and here... as well as at Color Me Copic.
It was a little weird filming my process, especially since it is a pretty basic 'Amy' card and nothing ground breaking. Because I pretty much said everything there I'm now having a hard time thinking what to write about it that doesn't feel repetitive, LOL.

Well, I've got a long day ahead of me so I should go get ready for it. I hope this Monday is good to you! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Making Memories (Love Struck)
stamp- Sugar Nellie (Rosie)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Martha Stewart border punch
Ranger Liquid Pearls white opal
ribbon
crochet heart
Kaiser Craft pearls
Copic Spica red glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR20, YR21, YR24, E35
clothes- R30, R32, R35, R39, E57, E59, E49, E81, 0, R43, R46, R59, YG95, YG99

32 comments:

Hlora said...

I love your creations today !!

SuiLan said...

Sweet card and I love the papers you used. That heart is adorable!

Valchen said...

What a lovely card! And the way you coloured the sweet image... it's just fabulous!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So sweet! Love how you've coloured her dress.

Maria Therese said...

Gooorgeous!!

Renkata said...

Gorgeous dress, love how you have colored her dress.
Very cute card Amy.

Heidi Brawley said...

your card is GORGEOUS! I watched the video last night for it! Awesome! Love that crochet heart on it too!
Have a Great week doll!
Hugs, Heidi

Creations by Shirl said...

Such a pretty card, cute image and love that crochet heart....

Tanya said...

Beautiful! I am excited about the videos, off to watch, thanks!

Unknown said...

Darling card!

Kathy
theyellow-card.blogspot.com

gobeagirl said...

Amy I watched you color her and now I will have to go and see how you came up with this adorable card.. I love Rosie. She looks so pretty and one of these days I am going to get my hair colors to come out as light as you do. I am very heavy handed I guess. lol... Anyway, I love her pink dress as well. Just adorable. Be safe driving to work. Hugs, Lisa

Tress said...

She is so sweet! And your coloring of her adds so much life to the character.

Tanya said...

I just finished the videos, they were amazing! You explain the light and dark areas so well, thank you!

Jacilynn said...

this is so sweet! loved your coloring tutorial!
Thanks!

corryskaart said...

hallo amy
wat een lieve en mooie kaart en dat jurkje zo mooi ingekleurd,super!
groetjes van corry

Rhonda Miller said...

So cute. I love that image.

Annie Rose said...

Again, I say, you never disappoint! Thank you for sharing your coloring and card-making skills.

The way you tied on the bow with the hole-punch first is fantastic - you are going to be saving me feet and feet of adhesive! hee hee

THANKS! :)

kadie said...

This is absolutely adorable, Amy!

Kit said...

this is so sweet, I love everything about it

yvon said...

So pretty and so adorable.
Hugs, Yvon

Unknown said...

This is awesome, Amy! Great tutorial you id too!

Shirley N said...

Beautiful card and great videos Amy!!!

Leanne said...

Wow! Ur gonna be buff by the time all the snow melts! :)
Aw, this is gorgeous. I haven't had a chance to look at the vids yet, but it's on my list during CHA. As always, gorgeous colors and well put together. Can't wait to see how the Amy project goes. :)
TFS!
;)

Marzenciuk said...

Cute Card and I love this song...

Kath said...

I watched your videos and enjoyed them so much... especially the one that showed how you went about puttung the card together.. that one was so helpful to me. love the card

Shazza said...

it's beautiful.
x

Shirley N said...

I saw your coloring videos earlier but only now watched the 3rd one of you putting the card together and I loved watching you Amy! I didn't realize you used the coluzzle--that was so interesting to see. It does look easier, I'm surely going to try it, TFS Amy! Fabulous videos!!!

Mimi said...

Beautiful card Amy! Pretty colors and papers too! Really loved all three videos you made... VERY helpful tips! Have a wonderful day!! ;)

Jani said...

Wonderful card!
Love it!
Jani x

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Amy, this card is so sweet & adorable! Love how you colored the dress!

Unknown said...

I love the way you colored her dress! To stinking cute I must say! One question though.... Every time I look at this image it looks like it needs to be turned and she should be in a sitting position?

RiNNE said...

If you mean amazing design, fabulous coloring, and genius element placements, then YES! This is a basic Amy card :). Awesome, AWESOME ombre coloring...is that the correct spelling? So sweet!!!