Saturday, January 7, 2012

Some Winter bling

Hi-dee ho crafty peeps (please scroll down for the SN Birthday Fairwee winners)!

This weekend is the start of an annual Fire&Ice festival here in town and I've gotta say that there isn't a whole lot in the way of snow and ice this year. I don't know how well the ice sculptures are going to hold up but I do think it is cold enough for the brave polar bear swimmers to still get quite a shock, LOL! I'll be working, so no dip in the lake for me... not that I'd be crazy enough to do it even if I wasn't! ;)

Speaking of ice and all things that glitter and sparkle... there is a new challenge up over on the SOG blog, the very first of 2012 in fact. And we are ringing in this new year with lots of BLING! That’s right. Bling. You know you love it. We certainly love it and we want to see a lot of bling... at least 2 different types used on your card or project. Options include, but are not limited to: pearls, rhinestones, stickles, loose glitter, foil, embossed foil, misting, glaze... the list goes on!

I used the lovely Winter Mae digi stamp once again because I could totally see her walking through an icy winter wonderland full of sparkling snow and ice... perfect for a blingy challenge. And I even did a couple of coloring videos with Mae as well that can be seen here and here or over on the CMC blog. Because some of the colors in the paper were a bit tricky to color match with my Copics, this also was a good opportunity to kind of share my process in how I mix colors and come up with marker combos. Just in case you are interested in checking that out as well. :)

Ok, time for me to scoot my boot.

Stay classy San Diego!


Supply list:

cardstock- Bazzill, glittered and Copic X-Press It
paper- We R Memorykeepers and My Mind's Eye
digi stamp- Some Odd Girl (Winter Mae)
stamp- Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Martha Stewart snowflake punch
Kaiser Craft gems
Doodlebug white flock
Sharpie white marker
EK Success silver pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53
eyes- G82, G94, G99
clothes- G12, G28, BG18, BG13, G40, G82, G94, YG91, Y26, Y28, E87, G20, G21, W5, W7, W9, E81, W00

21 comments:

Juls said...

this is just utterly gorgeous!! Love the torn edges! Hugs Juls

Nancy Thomas said...

OOHHHHH- love this one Amy. Gorgeous colors and that image is colored so beautifully.

Hlora said...

what a lovely colouring! Great image! very nice card again!

Dotty Jo said...

I love Winter Mae, and nobody colours her like you do Amy, Jo x

SuiLan said...

Perfect in every way! Great LO!

Maria Therese said...

So beautiful sweetie!!

Unknown said...

OMG Amy this is awesome, what a sweet image, love the colours and your colouring is fantastic as always :) Have fun at the Festival, it must be so cold, I wouldn't live he he :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Such a sweet warm card like your scenary....Great color choices and love that torn edges going on.....

Kelly Schelske said...

She's so sweet Amy!

Tonje said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colours!

Speaking of snow and ice... there isn't much of it here in Norway this year either.

Cindy H. said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Auntie Em said...

Very pretty card! I like the colours you used and the patterned paper. Beautiful colouring on the little girl.
Thank you for sharing! :)

grace said...

I love everything about the card!!

There hasn't been much snow here either...its been a warm winter this year.

Leanne said...

Love it Amy! Gorgeous coloring with fun papers. You always know how to bling it up the best. Love the furry parts too.
;)

Rhonda Miller said...

This is gorgeous.

yvon said...

Ooh, she's so cute. Love those Odd Girls, have to have them.
Hugs, Yvon

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy you know how much I love those papers and I think this is just fabulous!!!! I am wondering however how you made her fur look like fur. As you might guess I am heading right over to see you color her up to see how you've done all of her. I hope one year to head over and see the Fire and Ice weekend. I've never seen it, nor do I really know what it is, but it sounds awesome. Hugs, Lisa

Danni said...

gorgeous card! Those little snowflakes made me squeal, they're so tiny and cute! LOL! it's the little things that amuse me..

Tress said...

Very sweet and the hair color is divine...such a soft blonde. Also enjoyed your videos!

RiNNE said...

Simply stunning!!! I am loving the color combo, & you are the queen of pearl placements on cards!! Such a divine card! Can't wait to watch the vids!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Awesome card, Amy! Seriously, I need to take coloring classes from you!