Friday, September 23, 2016

A friend like you...

TGIF!

I had some time in my crafty room yesterday and I decided to look in my Sugar Nellie binder for some fall card inspiration. That's where I found Hazel and Nutty and I'm ashamed to admit that I think this is my first time coloring them up! It was worth the wait though because I had a blast with this pretty little fairy and her squirrelly friend. The papers are a random mix that I put together as I flipped through a stack of scraps and I just fell in love with this combo for a fall card even though there is none of the traditional oranges or reds that you usually find. Then I grabbed the Fancy Foliage die to accent the card design because I liked how it mimicked the white silhouettes in the paper. All in all it came together to be a pretty little card that I'm quite pleased with. 

Take care and have a fabulous weekend everybody!  :)  
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey ink
paper- Kaiser Craft (green), Authentique (yellow), October Afternoon (woodgrain)
stamp- Sugar Nellie (Hazel and Nutty), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento espresso truffle and Colorbox dark brown
My Favorite Things double stitched circle die
My Favorite Things stitched rectangle die
Papertrey Ink Fancy Foliage Details die
Kaiser Craft pearls
Wink of Stella clear and gold glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E71, R00, R20
hair- E50, E53, E55
clothes- Y11, YG91, YG93, YG21, YG0000, YR30, YR31, YR23, YR24, E81
leaves/flower- Y06, Y35, YR15, E08
wings- BV0000, V20, V22, B0000
squirrel- W00, W0, W2, W4, YR30, R00
ground/sky- E41, E43, E44, YG95, B60, B0000, 0

4 comments:

Julie D. Richards said...

I love Hazel and Nutty, they couldn't be any cuter. The sentiment is so sweet and the background papers pulled it all together. Have a beautiful weekend. Hugs.

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh I LOVE how this all came together!!!! Sooo very pretty!!! Have a Wonderful weekend!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Tracey Ann said...

The soft beautiful colors you chose, your amazing coloring skills, and the sweet interaction between Hazel and Nutty - awesome and amazing! Love this, Amy!

roseflowerbooks said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the coloring you did with Hazel and Nutty. If you ever desire to sell that stamp. I would love to buy it from you;)