Monday, September 19, 2016

Happy girls...

Good morning!

Well here I am with my third and final entry for the My Favorite Things Card Design Superstar contest. This time around I wanted to use a cute human character stamp but I couldn't decide on which one to color up. Then I got the idea to use a bunch of them all together, so I cut a narrow strip of cardstock and stamped and masked the girls from four different Birdie Brown sets with just their head and shoulders showing. The sentiment is from an old retired MFT set called Clearly Sentimental About Audrey Hepburn and I have always loved this one in particular because it is so true. The funky stitched strip die added just enough interest to my white card base and I used a few splatters from the Distressed Patterns set to act as abstract leaves for the paper flower embellishments. Who wouldn't want to be a part of this happy group of friends?  ;)

Alrighty, it's all out of my hands now... fingers crossed!
 
Supply list:
cardstock
stamps- My Favorite Things (Clearly Sentimental About Audrey Hepburn, Adventure is Calling set, Polynesian Paradise set, Green Pastures set, You're Super set and Distressed Patterns set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Versafine onyx black
My Favorite Things stitched strip die-namics
Prima flowers
Doodlebug sprinkles
Copic markers:
girl 1
skin- E50, E00, E11, E33, E71, R00, R20
hair- E30, E31, E33
clothes- R43, RV14, RV29, RV13, Y11, Y35
girl 2
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, E71
hair- YR21, YR04, E09
clothes- YG00, YG03, YG17, BG45, BG49
girl 3
skin- E51, E21, E11, E71, R00, R20
hair- E44, E47, E49
clothes- Y11, Y21, Y35
girl 4
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, E71
hair- E50, YR31, E33
clothes- RV63, V05, V06, RV52, RV55, RV25
background- B000

17 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Completely adorable and I bow down to your masking skills!

Julie D. Richards said...

Wowsers, I love what you did with this one. You are so clever. Hugs.

Leanne said...

This card is surely a winner. Love the way you did it.

Fabrica de ideas said...

muy linda!!

Karen said...

Love this card!

lostinpaper said...

Totally too cute!

Tracey Ann said...

Wow! Cardmaking perfection. You really did it this time! ;) Three amazing contenders... just beautiful creations Amy!!

Heidi Brawley said...

You are definitely the winner Hands Down!!! Love this creation so much!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Rebekah Weckerly said...

how clever and what a great design!! Beautiful coloring!

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

Love this idea! Fingers crossed!

Hugs,
Jay Jay

ARTELUNA said...

Esta muy linda... me gusta

CraftyPaws said...

I saw this on the MFT contest blog and had to come check it out. Gorgeously colored and beautifully designed! TFS Hugs, Kristina

Jane said...

I came here too from the MFT blog. Congratulations on your win and a brilliant card c

Nancy said...

Congratulations! Beautiful coloring and design!

Kara Lynne said...

These happy girls are so fresh and fun! Your coloring is gorgeous and the balance of color is amazing! Congratulations on your Superstar honor!

Jane said...

Hello there Amy, many congratulations on becoming an MFT Superstar, well deserved xxxx

donna mikasa said...

So happy to see you as one of the MFT Superstars! Adorable card and a deserving win. Happy shopping!!