Wednesday, October 26, 2022

My favorite season...

Hey there!

I'm up on the TGF blog today and even though the pre-orders and any extras of this Pumpkin Spice Anya set have already come and gone, I really wanted to get her inked up before I moved full time onto Christmas and winter cards. This lovely Anya with her knit cap and oversized sweater is originally seated on a pumpkin but I wanted to change things up a bit and have her seated amidst a whole bunch of pumpkins instead. To make this happen, I went to the handy dandy digital stamp category of the TGF store and found the Hello Fall digi set. Initially, I was only planning to add the pumpkins behind Anya but as I got to looking at the other images included in the Hello Fall set inspiration struck. Wouldn't it be cool to have her seated on the back of a pick-up truck all loaded up with the pumpkin harvest? Once the idea struck I set about to make it happen. 

First, I stamped Anya's Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino and masked it. I then stamped Anya over top the mask so it would look like she's holding the drink. I also wiped the ink away from the pumpkin she is originally sitting on, then I made a mask for her as well. The next step was getting on the computer to put the rest of the fall scene together in Microsoft Word. First, I added the truck and enlarged it until it was to scale with Anya, whom I measured to be 3" tall. I knew that most of the truck would be cut off the card front but that was ok as long as there were still a few key areas showing, like the top of the tire and the back of the cab, which would give enough reference that viewers would know what they were looking at. With the truck the right size, all I had to do was fill the bed up with pumpkins and I even threw a fall tree from the digi set into the distant background as well, before printing the scene out on regular computer paper. Using a brightly lit window as a guide, I positioned the card front with the masked Anya over top the printed scene until I had it perfectly positioned to look like Anya was sitting on the railing. I taped the card front in place before loading the paper back in the printer and printing the scene for a second time. Once the masks where removed I was ready to grab my Copic markers and color everything in a beautiful autumnal color palette.  :)

Stay crafty my friends!


Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler

digital stamps- The Greeting Farm (Hello Fall set)

stamps- The Greeting Farm (Pumpkin Spice Anya set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Catherine Pooler icing on the cake

My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1

Pear Blossom Press gold gel pen

Copic markers:

skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20

hair- E71, E74, E77, E79, W10
clothes- RV63, RV66, RV69, RV99, E50, E40, E81, E84, YR31, Y02, Y17, YR04, YR18, E09, E55, E57, E59

frappuccino- E50, E53, E55, E41, E35, G24, BG000
sky- BG000, B00, BG01, C0, 0
tree- E43, E44, E47, Y17, YR04, E18
grass/hedge- YG01, YG03, YG91, YG93, YG95/Y04, Y15, Y18, Y26
truck- E31, E43, E44, E47, T5, T6, T7, T9, C2, C3, C5, B00, G43, G46, BG99, YR24, YR27, YR09

pumpkins- YR21, YR15, YR27, E84, E87, YR12, YR14, E97, E99, YR31, YR12, YR24, BV20, E40, E50, E31, YG61, G43, YG45, G85, BG99

0 comments: