Sunday, October 30, 2022

Warm and cozy wishes...

 Hello! 

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog today and I really wanted to play with the new Merry Makers stamp set for my post today.  All five of the cute critters included in the set seem to be prepping for the holiday season which got me thinking about how fun it would be to see them busy decorating their home for Christmas. That's when I remembered the awesome Cozy Burrow Scene die and a scene started to form in my head. I quickly grabbed the Cozy Burrow Scene die and ran it through my die cut machine using the Catherine Pooler white card stock that I do my stamping and coloring on. Now, even though the die comes with all of the pieces to create a fireplace, I'm more of a stamper so I grabbed the Cozy Christmas Eve stamp set because it comes with a stamp version of the fireplace. Once I had their space ready I had to decide which Merry Makers to include on this card because there just wasn't enough room to squeeze in all five of them. Ultimately I landed on the two bears and the bunny to occupy this warm and cozy burrow. I stamped and masked them all together before stamping in the fireplace and rug from the Cozy Christmas Eve set. 

With everything and everyone in place, it was time to start coloring. Traditional Christmas reds and greens were calling to me so I didn't fight it. I kept the floor and fireplace fairly neutral with the white brick and light wood planks, then warmed up the entire room with red and gold wallpaper and that roaring fire. Because Papa Bear is carrying in the green Christmas tree I made the gifts and rug green as well to create a nice balance of color throughout the scene. Once the burrow scene was complete all that was left to color was the die cut pieces that make up the exterior of the burrow at the top of the card. With the snow, tree and sky all colored up it was time to finally glue the entire scene together and get it on a card base. A few finishing touches, like the falling snow and small sentiment strip added to the mantle and this cozy Christmas card was complete. I gotta say, there is nothing more satisfying than breathing new life into older products just by pairing them with something new... so much fun!  :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Merry Makers and Cozy Christmas Eve)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Papertrey Ink pure poppy

Hello Bluebird Cozy Burrow Scene die

Pear Blossom Press gold gel pen

Copic Spica glitter pens

Sharpie extra fine white pen

Copic markers:
sorry, I lost my list

 

0 comments: