Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Whooo wants candy...

 


Hello friends!

So, I've had these two mini slimline card fronts with the owls from the Fall is in the Air set stamped up and sitting on my desk since their release last year. The original plan was to create warm and cozy Fall scenes with them but as we neared spooky season this year I thought it would be fun to turn them into Halloween cards instead.

To that end, I settled on a limited color palette of dusky purples and creamy gold hues on both of my cards. On this first one I masked off both owls before stamping the Whimsy Stamps Tree Silhouette background and the little witch silhouette from the Spooky Tree Background Builder. Now, the Tree Silhouette stamp cuts off flat across the top of the image so to get a more natural looking tree top I had to use a black multiliner pen to extend the branches at various lengths. Then all I had to do was grab the largest of the Tim Holtz moon masks and use the Copic airbrush system to color in the sky and moon.


 

For my second card I stamped that same little witch silhouette from the Spooky Tree Background Builder as well as the village from the Autumn Cottages Background set beneath the Fall is in the Air mama and baby owl. They were then masked off so I could air brush the moon and sky then color in the village scene by hand in the same monochromatic purples. The simple sentiment strips add to the spook factor for both of these cards but the Halloween spookiness is still quite subtle. I gotta say, I always love getting these scenes that have been sitting on my desk for so long finally turned into cards.  :)

Later gators!

Owl duo supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Catherine Pooler

stamps- Sweet November (Fall is in the Air and Spooky Tree Background Builder), Whimsy Stamps (Tree Silhouette)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Pinkfresh Studio stitched mini slimline die

Tim Holtz moon mask

Simon Says Stamp cut apart sentiments
Copic markers:
owls- E50, YR30, Y32, E81, E84, V01, V25, V28, V99, W1, C2, C4, C7/Y11, YR23, YR24

branch- E84, E89, E55, E57, YR14

moon- G20, YR31, BV23

sky- Y11, YR31, V17, V28, V99, BV29

Owl mama supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Catherine Pooler

stamps- Sweet November (Fall is in the Air, Autumn Cottages Background Builder and Spooky Tree Background Builder)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
My Favorite Things double stitched mini slimline die

Tim Holtz moon mask

Simon Says Stamp cut apart sentiments

Sharpie extra fine white pen

Copic markers:
owls- E50, YR30, Y32, E81, E84, V01, V25, V28, V99, W1, C2, C4, C7/Y11, YR23, YR24

branch- E84, E89, E55, E57, YR14

moon- G20, YR31, BV23

sky/background- Y11, YR31, V17, V28, V99, BV29


 

0 comments: