Thursday, July 29, 2010

Christmas in July

Hello, hello... how y'all doing?

Here we are with a brand new challenge at Lil Lolita Boutique and this week we are celebrating Christmas in July! LOL, I know... I know... it felt a bit odd at first to be putting together a Christmas card with snowflakes on it when the thermometer outside is nearly hitting 100 degrees. :)
But it was pretty fun to see how I could take a Lil Lolita and make her work for the holiday theme of the challenge. I went with 30's Lylah because I thought her attire had a very Dickensian flair to it... where's that Tiny Tim when you need him? LOL! Anywho, I did throw in a bit of altering by drawing a new gift bag for Lylah to hold rather than the purse she originally had but that's it... nothing crazy I swear! ;)

So if you've gotten your Lil Lolita stamps why not take the challenge and see what kind of Christmas cards you can create with them? Each week the winner gets a fab prize from the Tickled Pink store and that winner could be you! I can't wait to see all the Lil Ladies get their holiday groove on! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper/transparency/tags/flowers- Making Memories
stamp- Tickled Pink (Lil Lolita 30s Lylah)

Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
buttons
EK Success gold pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, R24
eyes- E44, E47, E49
hair- T3, T5, T7, T9
clothes- N3, N5, N7, N9, R24, R27, R29, E09, YG63, YG03, YG17, E40, E41, 0

27 comments:

Unknown said...

OOooooo Amy I love those snowflakes they are wonderful. Your colouring of Lylah's red jacket is stunning. Wish I could get my red's to work like that!!! Fantastic Card Amy:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxxx

Alice said...

i love the subtle snowflake transparency! just the perfect touch! gorgeous card!! love it!

~* steph :) *~ said...

awesome card, amy! i love the papers, the colors, the cute girl! wonderful coloring! i love your placement of embellies and things! thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh wow Amy, what a stunner. You have coloured Lylah perfectly and I love the addition of the gift bag. You are soooo clever. Hugs xo Jackie

Bron said...

Ohhhh I so love your card. The colours and the layout are ace. As always colouring just divine. I cant believe just about all of us used Lylah. Hugs from Bron xo

Leanne said...

Hey this is pretty & terrific! Way to get a jump on the Christmas cards with this challenge. Her outfit is yummy! Love that coat and hat. :)

Kellie said...

AMY this is absolutely FABULOUS! I love Lylah in the Christmas feel, your colouring is amazing and I just love everything about this!
Hugs Kel xx

Kylie said...

Wow Amy! Gosh, I love coming to visit your blog and stare at your colouring and gorgeous cards. This was no exception. Wonderful card :)
Hugs
Kylie

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

WOW Amy this looks GORGEOUS!!! lylah is perfect!
Kristy xx

Joy said...

what a lovely card for Christmas. you did a fabulous job coloring and the layout is wonderful. TFS!

Kimberly S said...

What a pretty card for the holidays! Lovely coloring and such beautiful accents you've added to make it perfect! :)

♥Rach♥ said...

How cool! Love how you altered her to make a little xmas bag :0)

Tonje said...

I like how you made a gift bag for her to hold. Very nice!

Tasha said...

Oh this is so funky. Love the paper and embellies and the altering is fab
love tasha xx

Kelly Booth said...

So cute Amy!! Love this fun card....

Renkata said...

wow Amy, i love this card. The Santa list is just so sweet detail. Great design.

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, I just love this card! She is of course on of my favorite stamps, and she just look adorable with red shoes on and her gift bag in hand. I love it! Hugs, Lisa

Shelby Goolsby said...

What an adorable card!! It makes me want to go Christmas shopping,lol. You have convinced me I need this stamp.

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card. TFS.

Eulanda said...

Oooo this is so very pretty and elegant. I think I said that last time too. LOL! Boy you color these images so well!! :)

Patricia Mae said...

Amy very pretty I love the coloring and I love you changed up her bag I wouldnt have though of that, Thanks puts my thinkn cap on. The whole card is very pretty and so christmas.
~Patricia

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Amy, beautifully embellished
Clairex

RiNNE said...

You are so right about her jacket! Love the colors and it makes me want to scrap our Xmas pics :)! Very lovely!

Shaela said...

*LOOOOOOOOOVE* this card - it's perfect!! I've been making Christmas cards all year so I don't think you're weird at all, lol

Kylie said...

Oh wow Amy. Your colouring is just perfect and I love her new handbag. The embossing leaves a great effect too!

Hugs, Kylie xo

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW oh WOW - this is totally fabulous!!! I can almost hear the Christmas carols!
xXx

Jacilynn said...

What a great card. Love the image for a Christmas card.
x