Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A monochromatic mermaid

Hey there folks, hope your week is going well so far.
It's been a pretty busy one for me so far with no signs of a slow down in the near future, ah well... what can you do but just hang in there. :)

Well, we've got a brand new challenge over at the ATS challenge blog today and this week we want you to create a monochromatic card. I went with green as my color because I found this cool sheet of paper in my stash that looked like the mouth of a mysterious underwater cave and I just had to run with it. Miss Current Ebbtide seemed kind of reclusive and mysterious so I wanted to color her with very light skin, like she doesn't see much sun, and a luminescent quality to her hair and tail (it's too bad the picture doesn't pick up all the sparkle I added to her). Then I paired her up with Palu because caves and octopus just seemed to go together for me. ;)

So now it's your turn to show us what you can create with just one color. Remember, every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win, your card must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!

Have a good one friends! :) Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- BoBunny
stamps- Sweet November (Current Ebbtide and Palu), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox blackbird chalk ink
ribbon
pearl sprays
Ranger Stickles and Liquid Pearls
Sakura stardust pen
Copic markers:
skin- E50, YR00, E51, R11, R21, W3
hair- G0000, G000, G00, G02, YG01, 0
everything else- YG0000, YG11, YG13, YG25, YG17, G07, 0, C3, C5, C7, C9
Palu- G00, G03, G05, G07, G28

30 comments:

Robin said...

oooooh... that's cool!! Robin

♥Rach♥ said...

How pretty, love the greens and the swirly paper is so perfect and pretty :0)

Angela said...

This looks so cool Amy!! I love the DP you used!! AWEOSOME!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Kelly Booth said...

So PRETTY Amy...I'm just in Love with your Mermaids!!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card and so sassy mermaid! Love her in green!

☼ Cheryl* said...

Hi Amy!!!

What a gorgeous card, the mermaid is beautiful. I'm loving the colours too :)!

Cheryl xx

Marley said...

Beautiful card!! Love the green and black. The swirl design paper is really awesome! The mermaid is beautiful too just like your coloring xx Marley

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! TFS :)

Shaela said...

wow, love this card! the smaller color palette really adds dramatic emphasis - gorgeous!!

Renkata said...

she is gorgeous in green :)
great details

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Gorgeous Amy! I love monochromatic cards... this one really looks "under the sea." I might just jump in and play in this challenge!!!

Hugs,
Lisa

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a mystical and beautiful card, amy! i love the colors! beautiful design and details. thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Kimberly S said...

How pretty! She practically glows against the dark background. :)

kris said...

Wow! Wow!!! this is so cool and amazing!!! you did an outrageously wonderful job on this creation!! =D

scrapn_momof2 said...

Amy this card is stunning! I have two four year old girls looking over my shoulder ooohing and ahhhing! They both said, oh I want that card for my birthday." LOL

donna mikasa said...

What a stunner! That patterned paper is perfect--very cavelike--and the pearls add to the eerieness of an underwater scene! No one makes a scene like you! (In a good way, of course!)

BJ said...

Amy!!!! This is stunning!!!

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Amy, love the backing paper and black/green look great together!
Clairex

Danni said...

At first I didn't see Palu but then I found him!! Such a fabulous card! I love all the little baubles you added...fun!

RiNNE said...

I can just picture her ...in the depths of the ocean, with the magical and serene waves around her.

Your card is gorgeous! Love those swirls!

And geez, everytime I visit, you have more and more followers! Thanks for continuing to visit my blog as well!

Jodi said...

Amy she is so pretty in green!! Love the color choice and of course the image!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Tracey Feeger said...

wow sweets this is gorgeous. Love the octopus - he is fabulous. The DP is cute. Great job.
mwah
trace

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a gorgeous card!

1LuvnMama said...

Oh boy Amy! What a jaw dropping card you have! Luv the sea green and the black! You constantly amaze me with your talent!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, Such a beautiful card. I love it in all green. Great paper too. Hope you had a great day. I have been having problems with blogger not letting me sign in...grrrr :D Hugs, Lisa

Alice said...

this is such a beauty, Amy! gorgeous card!

Jamie N. said...

Oooh...sweetness. I love that paper, Amy. Its all swirley and lovely. Fabulous color as *always*!

Larisa said...

Oh, I love it so much!!! I wish I had the same )))) So good colours!!

Leanne said...

My favorite colors! I love how Palu is the accessory on your ribbon and Current Ebbtide's tail is gorgeous! I can imagine the sparkles. Great card!

Crafty Jenn said...

Very lovely! Current and Palu look right at home on your card.

<3 Jenn