Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sweet November spotlight on Donna

Hello and good morning!

Well here we are getting close to the beginning of a brand new month and that means Sweet November Stamps previews are about to begin! It also means that I've got August's SN guest gal to introduce you to before we dive into those candies we all love! ;)

Now without further ado let me introduce you to the one and only Donna Mikasa! You know the saying, "good things come in small packages"? Well that comes to mind quite often when I'm enjoying a browse through her blog... Donna is a master at creating little cards that pack a big design punch! From her mini masterpieces and the beautiful coloring that she does with her stamped characters I always get a sense of sweetness in all of her work. She has been a friendly and encouraging voice throughout my Sweet November journey and I always love to see what she does with the SN cast of characters. :)

Ok, time for my favorite part of the spotlight... the crazy, fun SN questionnaire!

1) What color do feel represents your personality and why?
Brown. All shades of brown: tan, khaki, chocolate. I love the warm, comfy feeling from earth tones and the same feeling that I get from being with family and friends.

2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making?
Definitely! My dress style is pretty simple and so is my cardmaking. I usually don't follow a sketch or play with patterned paper too much.

3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood?
When a card comes together exactly as I envisioned it, right down to the color of the buttons.

4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be?
I wish I could revisit the 70's. Life seemed simpler back then and I may have taken things for granted and appreciate everything more now--from family life to cooking, music, even crafting.

5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll etc., what kind would you be and why?
Probably a troll. Sitting under a bridge. Collecting a toll. Being grumpy and loving it....

Bonus question
6) If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?
That would be Miss Emma Pillsbury. Because I'm always washing my hands and disinfecting everything, including the shopping cart at the supermarket.


LOL, Donna the troll... somehow I have a hard time envisioning that one. She's just way too nice to be a troll! :)

Okey dokey, time to share Donna's wonderfully happy card and how it inspired my card for today. Her cute Darby and Bumbles pairing with the clever sentiment had me reaching for this fun Cosmo Cricket paper that featured a bunch of little bees. Fidget Goblinspider also makes an appearance because of the similarity in hers and Darby's skirts. But my biggest inspiration came in the cool way that Donna used the ribbon off the side of the card and has it anchoring the sentiment tag and button embellishment. See, I told ya... she doesn't need much to make a statement, it's all in that perfect placement of what she does use on a card... SO inspiring!

Now don't forget to come back tomorrow when Donna and I will be kicking off three days of sneaks that are too cute to spook! ;)

Later gators!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Cosmo Cricket (berries), Making Memories (green crosshatch)
stamps- Sweet November (Fidget Goblinspider), Cosmo Cricket/Unity (sentiment and bee)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
ribbon
buttons
Shabby Green Door twine
Copic Spica glitter pens
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, R24
hair- Y000, Y00, Y11, Y13, 0
eyes- YG03, YG17, G07
clothes- R24, R27, R29, E07, YG00, YG01, YG13, YG03, E40, E41, 0
bees- Y13, Y15, Y17, E59, BG0000

23 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

Good Choice Amy...can't wait to see what Donna does with your adorable stamps!!! Love both cards.....

Robin said...

Just thought I would let you know I used the mermaid stamp you sent me HERE
thanks again, Robin

Michele Kovack said...

Both of these are fabulous!!!

♥Rach♥ said...

Donna, you are SO not a troll! Though I personally like the "being grumpy and loving it" line, lol!
SO excited to see your creations this week, I know they'll be awesome!

gobeagirl said...

These are both so darn cute how could you not BEE happy. lol..I can not wait to see all your wonderful goodness that are your stamps. Yay! Hugs, Lisa

Kimberly S said...

How fun! Both cards are so fun and creative! :)

Andrea C said...

adorable x

~* steph :) *~ said...

looove your card, amy! i love strawberries, this is too cute! thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

donna mikasa said...

Love, love, love your card--Fidget is my fave!--and I can't wait to share your designs!

Mimi said...

two fabulous cards from two fantastic talented creators! cant wait to see the new releases! ;)

Maylee said...

Absolutely love Donna's work! I can't imagine her as a troll either, more like a Fairy God Mother. = )

Unknown said...

Such a nice cards! TFS Big hugs :)

Claireabelle said...

Two fabulous cards!!! just gorgeous
x

Tasha said...

Donnas card is super cute and cheery! Love your card Amy the bright colours are fab and i ove the layout
love tasha xx

Beth aka BR-T said...

I agree her card id very inspiration and yours blows me away like always Amy! Beth

Leanne said...

awesome donna!! i can't wait to see the mischief you two will create. :) Lovin' both of your cards. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats to Donna! She does wonderful work! Your card is of course amazing as always, Amy! Can't wait what you have in store for us!

Stamping Cafe said...

Donna being a troll??? No way!!! She is the sweetest person I've ever know, love her!! So happy that you are featuring Donna, Amy!! I'm so thrill for you, Donna!!

Love both amazing cards, can't wait to see more!! Hugs!!

crafty amy said...

Lol what brilliant answers a troll that is a clean freak I have a little scene playing in my mind :D

xx

RiNNE said...

Great getting to know Donna! And such pretty cards! Congratulations, Donna!

Crafty Jenn said...

Congrats to Donna! Terrific choice Amy. Love both the cards. Fidget looks great with blonde hair....I haven't tried that on her yet. Hmmm... ;)

<3 Jenn

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

I'M IN A ROLL HERE AND SO MUCH EYE CANDY EVERYWHERE!! Your work is something else.Simply gorgeous.I like your coloring and your style.Thank you for the inspiration once again,RubyM:)

Alice said...

i know i am late to this post (finally catching up...), but i was so happy to find out that Donna will be your guest!! fantastic choice and interview!! love it!! =)